v TSG 1899 Hoffenheim Match Thread

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Carson; Baird, Keogh, Davies, Forsyth; Butterfield, Huddlestone, Johnson; Bennett, Martin, Russell. 

We need more wingers.

It's not that we need more wingers, it's that we need a couple better wingers. We currently have four players in Russell, Bennett, Wiemann and Anya that I'd describe as 'decent' and would be happy for any of them as squad/rotation players but what we need is at least 1 and very likely two players who stand out a bit more like ince did.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

That's what I'd look to go with but I'd honestly be tempted to go with Baird over Wisdom. 

After bairds performance last night?! I rate the bloke but aside from a couple of passes near the end he was very poor, wisdom was much better against Kaiserslautern- albeit playing in a better 11

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

After bairds performance last night?! I rate the bloke but aside from a couple of passes near the end he was very poor, wisdom was much better against Kaiserslautern- albeit playing in a better 11

I don't think he's just using last night as a benchmark, Baird's been better overall IMO too. 

Which is absolutely daft, really. I'm sure it'll come with time/games for Andre and he looked much improved on Saturday. I think he'll get the call against these lot so hopefully we'll see even more good stuff from him. 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

In fairness I didn't watch the game last night so I can't really comment on how he played. It's just against kaiserslautern it concerned me how many times our play broke down with Wisdom and too be honest he looked very much like an athletic centre half playing at right back.  

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness I didn't watch the game last night so I can't really comment on how he played. It's just against kaiserslautern it concerned me how many times our play broke down with Wisdom and too be honest he looked very much like an athletic centre half playing at right back.  

He looked like that the first time he was here as well to be fair.

11 hours ago, brady1993 said:

It's not that we need more wingers, it's that we need a couple better wingers. We currently have four players in Russell, Bennett, Wiemann and Anya that I'd describe as 'decent' and would be happy for any of them as squad/rotation players but what we need is at least 1 and very likely two players who stand out a bit more like ince did.

Weimann isn't a winger. Not for me. He's a striker. 

Anya I don't know what he is. Seems a nice chap, but seen absolutely nothing in him since he arrived. 

I like the look of Bennett under GR, and I am a big fan of an in-form and confident Russell. 

So that leaves us short, in my opinion.

Ince is a huge loss. Hoping we can find someone similar, and then a winger that gets us to the byline, a real old fashioned winger. 

Not writing any of the current wingers off, but it's the one area I feel we are short in.

Carson

wisdom.    Keogh.    Davies.   Fozzy

.          Hudds.       Johnson

.    Bennett.   Nugent.    Weimann

.                     Martin

i believe that's the most in form team we have. Arguable with wisdom but he needs to get back used to RB and he is the future not Baird.

will hopefully have Lawrence, brannagan/James and Kent in before the weekend.

8 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Weimann isn't a winger. Not for me. He's a striker. 

Anya I don't know what he is. Seems a nice chap, but seen absolutely nothing in him since he arrived. 

I like the look of Bennett under GR, and I am a big fan of an in-form and confident Russell. 

So that leaves us short, in my opinion.

Ince is a huge loss. Hoping we can find someone similar, and then a winger that gets us to the byline, a real old fashioned winger. 

Not writing any of the current wingers off, but it's the one area I feel we are short in.

Saw on SSN last night a clip of Tom scoring for Hudds in preseason game against udinese  (I think).

Said it was his 4th goal. 4 goals! In preseason games. Makes me want to cry :(

13 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Saw on SSN last night a clip of Tom scoring for Hudds in preseason game against udinese  (I think).

Said it was his 4th goal. 4 goals! In preseason games. Makes me want to cry :(

It's only preseason, but a promising start for him. If he carries on that form into the Prem I'll be happy that the boy has finally started to show his quality on the 'big stage'. If he doesn't and him/Hudds struggle then it won't matter as we'll all be focussed on the Rams at our club now.

Just now, r4derby said:

It's only preseason, but a promising start for him. If he carries on that form into the Prem I'll be happy that the boy has finally started to show his quality on the 'big stage'. If he doesn't and him/Hudds struggle then it won't matter as we'll all be focussed on the Rams at our club now.

Don't underestimate the wistful nostalgia. Particularly if we're served up a diet of 40 yard channel balls from Huddlestone that johnny/andi/mason/ikechi run very quickly on to and then completely fluff.

Seems unlikely we'll have any new signings in place before this game, which is a bit of a shame. We all know how much we need strengthening in certain areas and I'm always a bit worried when a new signings first game is a league one.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Seems unlikely we'll have any new signings in place before this game, which is a bit of a shame. We all know how much we need strengthening in certain areas and I'm always a bit worried when a new signings first game is a league one.

Yikes. Have we been relegated already?

Or is this a prediction for next preseason :lol:

41 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Got mine yesterday online....  Can anyone explain though,why the club charges me an extra quid per ticket for the honour of printing them out,on my own printer????....surely it should be cheaper,not more expensive.

It doesn't, it charges you an extra £1 if you want them delivered. Everyone pays the £1 booking fee if not doing it in the ticket office.

Archived