v Northampton Town Match Thread

David

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I get Rowett's trying to give everyone match fitness, but half of these players come the Sunderland game won't have featured barely once together because of all the mix matching and this is our 6th game into pre season

Too much changing the eleven with one game left till Sunderland

You have done little but moan all bloody day. Hopefully someone's hidden the razor blades.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

You have done little but moan all bloody day. Hopefully someone's hidden the razor blades.

Literally posted twice all day.

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

All day? More like all day every day.

That's abit uncalled for. All because I don't rate (super) Johnny Russell that's moaning? I'd just assume that's a different opinion personally. No need to be so touchy

Given that I'm local to the area and see a lot of Northampton Town (future mother-in-law is a ST holder so I tag along quite often), I thought I'd give a high level background.

As we probably all know, they had their first season back in L1 last year under Rob Page (started nicely but ultimately not an inspired appointment) and then under Edinburgh, who seems to have the ambition to get to where the club's new Chinese owners want to be.

Squad-wise, they lost their fantastic goalkeeper at the beginning of the summer and haven't yet (in my opinion) signed an adequate replacement, and they also lost their star central defenders but have strengthened here with better players in the shape of Aaron Pierre, Leon Barnett, and Ash Taylor.  Elsewhere, they have steady consistent heads in the form of Buchanan and Richards, as well as players with an edge of flair like O'Toole, Powell, and Bowditch.

The Iraq-international Yaser Kasim also appears to be an inspired signing in midfield but time will tell.

long story short, they have the talent and ambition to fight for promotion this year and will be no walkover - even with the side we have out though, I'm fairly confident of the result.

Enjoy the game guys - this is my first game since Wigan at New Year's so looking forward to seeing Nugent, Wisdom, Davies and co. In the black and white!

Just now, Papahet said:

I get Rowett's trying to give everyone match fitness, but half of these players come the Sunderland game won't have featured barely once together because of all the mix matching and this is our 6th game into pre season

Too much changing the eleven with one game left till Sunderland

Agree.

Got agree on the chopping and changing point ,,,, more so with the defence ,,,are we ever gonna see Davies and keough play together? 

Would really have liked to see something near the Sunderland line up play in this game and the final friendly ,, yes pre season is about fitness but surely it's also about trying to bed some players in with each other ?

Looks like Pearce is playing RCB and Davies LCB. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought, like Keogh, Davies played on the right-hand side usually. Is this a test to see if he can play on the left side of a pair?

Archived