v Northampton Town Match Thread

Day

Think b4 may be talking about players being tired from traveling to Germany and hotel time as opposed to the time zone related condition jet lag

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, archied said:

Think b4 may be talking about players being tired from traveling to Germany and hotel time as opposed to the time zone related condition jet lag

There were one or two fans in the crowd last night who were also distinctly travel-lagged! Although in their cases, alcohol may have been a factor. :whistle:

7 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Having been in aviation for most of my career. I can honestly say you will not be jet lagged having flown approximately 1 hour into Europe for a couple of days.

The jet lag comes from being well out of your home time zone for a good period of time. Your body clock slowly adjusts to the new time zone.

For example if you are on the west coast of the USA which is -8 hours behind the UK. You would be eating your dinner at a time you would normally be in bed at home. Your body adjusts to this. You then fly home in less than a day and your body takes time to re-adjust.

So saying that they were jet lagged is preposterous.

Out of interest, you get less jet lagged by going one way than the other, I can't remember if it is West or East.

Its very reassuring to know that although you've been in aviation most of your career, you don't know which way is worse? Baggage handler?

8 hours ago, ramit said:

It's just a friendly a fitness building exercise yet listening to the interview, Gary said something i don't like to hear.  We dominated the game.  No we did not, we lost the game and it's okay that we lost the game, but that's what we did, we did not dominate anything

Makes you wonder whether the one who needs preseason most is the manager / head coach who needs to sharpen up their clichés! 

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So there's been some average pretty season games,one pretty good one then one pretty bad one.

In a funny way its possibly a good thing overall that this happened in preseason not a few weeks time.

Sounds like every club in the Country in terms of pre-season perparations to me Radio. Watched Hull CIty with a mate of mine make easy work of Benfica (that's right, champions league Benfica) then play like a p****d up pub team against Nantes in a drab nil all draw. It's just the way it is. Purely about getting fit! The only unique thing with Derby is, the breathtakingly outrageous expectations of the fans. Never heard anything like it. Some are writing off individual players, not to mention the clubs chances of promotion!!, before a ball has been kicked in anger. Therein lies the problem with televising meaningless pre-season friendlies!!! I'm going out on a limb to say Derby will do better this season than most Derby fans think. Not least because we now have the best midfielder in the division by a country mile. 

5 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Sounds like every club in the Country in terms of pre-season perparations to me Radio. Watched Hull CIty with a mate of mine make easy work of Benfica (that's right, champions league Benfica) then play like a p****d up pub team against Nantes in a drab nil all draw. It's just the way it is. Purely about getting fit! The only unique thing with Derby is, the breathtakingly outrageous expectations of the fans. Never heard anything like it. Some are writing off individual players, not to mention the clubs chances of promotion!!, before a ball has been kicked in anger. Therein lies the problem with televising meaningless pre-season friendlies!!! I'm going out on a limb to say Derby will do better this season than most Derby fans think. Not least because we now have the best midfielder in the division by a country mile. 

Think it's that self preservation thing of writing our chances off so you save yourself the disappointment if we turn out to be poor or as has been the case for a few years be full of promise then crumble,,,, don't underestimate the effect of the last few years on us fans ,, we have seen some real good football at times that's been a joy to watch and started believing we were on our way only for it to go tits up ,we have had some real kick in the nuts stuff over the last few years 

Archived