Nugent has to start

kyle mccabe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, kyle mccabe said:

I really feel that Nugent could be our 20 goal a season man does anyone agree?

I know everyone loves his enthusiasm but for be he would be a bench player in a top 2 team maybe even in a top 6 team. 

17 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Think you missed the decimal point :lol:

100 goals from the strikers. 

Plus a couple each from Russell, Weimann, Bryson and Anya

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

They just couldn't afford him. :thumbsup:

Now you know that's not true and you know Wolves went out and got a real striker. We are just stuck with him because we seem to like signing and resigning as many mediocre players as we can get up to long contracts. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, sage said:

I know everyone loves his enthusiasm but for be he would be a bench player in a top 2 team maybe even in a top 6 team. 

I like Nugent but he's not some sort of superstar in this division, sorry. It won't be as famine-ish as Pearsons 3 goals in 9 games start to the season but it will be close.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Now you know that's not true and you know Wolves went out and got a real striker. We are just stuck with him because we seem to like signing and resigning as many mediocre players as we can get up to long contracts. :thumbsup:

Now, now Ninos, let's look at facts Chris Martin has been our best forward for years, he scores goals, has a hand in a lot of our good play, and myself and thousands of others are so glad he is back, we really missed him last season, so please look at the facts free transfer signing, loaned him out for three million, got him back, and he has scored 20 or more goals in 2 seasons, also holds the ball up well, and gets the best out of his team mates, in Mr Rowett and Martin I trust, let's see what happens this season, I am sure that Derby and Chris Martin will have a good season.

5 hours ago, RamNut said:

100 goals from the strikers. 

Plus a couple each from Russell, Weimann, Bryson and Anya

There's optimism. ....

There's blind faith.......

There's clinging to shreds of hope.....

And then there's thinking our strikers will get 100 goals.  ( tho I agree with the couple each from Russell and co)  :lol:

17 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I really can't believe anyone doesn't think Nugent is a superior footballer to Martin. 

Very different types of players TBF @i-Ram but I think on Merritt Nuge offers far more with his running off the ball and closing down of the opposition. 

In terms of potential goal returns it's difficult to separate the two. 

The wardrobe offers more than Nuge as a target man and his ability to piss the opposition defenders off to the point of distraction.

But on reflection I tend to agree Nuge is superior to The Wardrobe.

I think we are very lucky to have both of them in our armoury. 

Both have the ability to smash 20 goals this season, they just require a higher quality of and a more consistent standard of service from the wings and midfield. 

15 hours ago, Ninos said:

Bloody mediocre players like Martin,going to Germany and scoring cracking goals......

1BXa2alBjrCXC.gif

Archived