tom huddlestone a great weapion

B4ev6is

Everyone who went to port vale on tuesday night saw his pin point passing 40 to 50 yard ball and to find a derby player if to find a striker or to help set up attacks from our wingers. But when geouge thorn returns we could have best midfield champership team ever seen. I think jonny russle could have a huge season and masion bennet. I truely looking foward to see these partnerships in play and nugent could benfit from and chris martin.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel the urge to step in here for a wrist slashing moment and say what I thought of him over the last few years. He's a good at spreading the play and firing the ball about. Might score goal of the season and that's about it. 

I hammered him a bit before we played Hull away in the league a couple of seasons back. I called him lazy, easily bypassed and living off that youth > 26 period. 

His technique is great to watch when he's firing the ball about. But it's mostly diagonals. To my eyes he's not one to carry the ball, to track runners, to put the ball behind a defence etc. 

I'm sure there's a highlight reel that will show him doing it. But there's probably a highlight reel of Shackell passing the ball quickly too. 

I'm not saying he won't be a good signing. Just I think he may get a few haters for his style of play. Everyone loves a runner at Derby. Even crap ones. Tom Huddlestone stood in the centre circle will cause some meltdowns.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing i dont think our promation are fading fast i think increasing fast as well. Thing is russle can easley join in the striker role.

Russell can't do anything easily. I am sure he would shin a bag of sand.

I don't think Huddlestone will help with creativity.

The differences between Thorne and Huddlestone are that Thorne is/was always happy to track a runner. Even if his positioning is a sometimes a bit iffy, which it can be I'm afraid, when he's fully fit he recovers well. He's come back many times to catch and bully a midfielder that's got the jump on him.

I don't think you'll get that with Tom.

Thorne will play a lot of diagonals of course. But he also will use width provided by wingers to put the ball through the channels. He used to look for Martin a lot. Firing the ball inside the wide players and outside the centre. 

Huddlestone, from what little I've seen of him in the latest years seems to be happy to just settle for the diagonals.

Thorne is faster to get forward too. A fit Thorne anyway. 

For keeping possession, hitting wingers early... Huddlestone will be good. For actually unlocking defences I think you will still be relying on Tom In-.... oh yeah.

I'm also going to agree what @Alpha said. Hull fans say that Huddlestone was relatively poor in Steve Bruce's pragmatic style of play and only came into his own when Marco Silva came in and introduced his attacking football. Rowett comes across as pragmatic like Steve Bruce is with less emphasis on keeping possession but using it more effectively. I fear Huddlestone may be limited to an extent under Rowett. Under someone like McClaren however, he would have been perfect in a 4-3-3 imo where he can do exactly what he is good at, spraying the ball around. 

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I'm also going to agree what @Alpha said. Hull fans say that Huddlestone was relatively poor in Steve Bruce's pragmatic style of play and only came into his own when Marco Silva came in and introduced his attacking football. Rowett comes across as pragmatic like Steve Bruce is with less emphasis on keeping possession but using it more effectively. I fear Huddlestone may be limited to an extent under Rowett. Under someone like McClaren however, he would have been perfect in a 4-3-3 imo where he can do exactly what he is good at, spraying the ball around. 

As pragmatic as Rowett is he often says he likes to transition play as quickly as possible from defense to attack, if that is the case Huddlestone will have ample opportunity to get his passing game going. He will be fine.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Everyone who went to port vale on tuesday night saw his pin point passing 40 to 50 yard ball and to find a derby player if to find a striker or to help set up attacks from our wingers. But when geouge thorn returns we could have best midfield champership team ever seen. I think jonny russle could have a huge season and masion bennet. I truely looking foward to see these partnerships in play and nugent could benfit from and chris martin.

Are you Bennett in disguise. I think so, I've even worked your username out:

Bennett4ever6indigosiera 

Archived