Who the hell are...

Chester40

...half the players we're being linked with? And how on earth have people got such strong feelings about them?  

I'm tempted to make up a thread...er for say 'Jackson Thornberry' and say he's youth team player from Chelsea..and I really rate him. See if anyone responds ...and what they make of this fictional player.

What I mean is...I've seen Johnny Russell play literally dozens and dozens of times...and I'm still not sure I would be able to say with any certainty if I'd he would be a good acquisition for say Fulham. 

I really need to stay in more! 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chester40 said:

...half the players we're being linked with? And how on earth have people got such strong feelings about them?  

Because they'll be new and shiny for us. Just a typical football thing to do that we've probably all fallen for at one point.

Remember when we signed Butterfield and Johnson? This place was absolutely ecstatic. Didn't take long for this place to flip the other way though and it's pretty obvious what most think of them nowadays. You see those two mentioned in most of the "deadwood" lists. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Because they'll be new and shiny for us. Just a typical football thing to do that we've probably all fallen for at one point.

Remember when we signed Butterfield and Johnson? This place was absolutely ecstatic. Didn't take long for this place to flip the other way though and it's pretty obvious what most think of them nowadays. You see those two mentioned in most of the "deadwood" lists. 

Dead good to dead wood in weeks on here. Enjoy your honeymoon Tom, Andre and Curtis.

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I'm tempted to make up a thread...er for say 'Jackson Thornberry' and say he's youth team player from Chelsea..and I really rate him. See if anyone responds ...and what they make of this fictional player.

What I mean is...I've seen Johnny Russell play literally dozens and dozens of times...and I'm still not sure I would be able to say with any certainty if I'd he would be a good acquisition for say Fulham. 

I really need to stay in more! 

Phew - I thought it was just me. Mind you, I'm surprised there isn't a thread on Hugh Jarse - top goal keeper due to him having a... (copyright Benny Hill Show circa 1977).

Archived