Benchmark for wingers

EnigmaRam

Not so much wingers but we definitely need 2 more bodies who can play in those 3 advanced positions behind the striker. Lawrence/Jota are perfect targets.

With all due respect to Russell (and I do respect & like him), he shouldn't be walking in to our first 11 - which at the moment he is. It's these 3 positions where we need more quality.

In terms of benchmarks then i reckon we need that line of 3 first choice forward players to be each capable of double figures for assists & goals. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

We don't have a striker who is likely to hit 20+? Erm we do have actually and his name CHRIS MARTIN. ??

....and Nick Blackman.

I reckon he could score 20+ 

We just need to perfect the batman chant.

7 hours ago, Simsy said:

To have only done it once I wouldn't say he's likely. He can stay away from penalties too this season.

didnt you watch him v Doncaster? 

First of all last season the players who have left contributed 18 goals(ince=14 hughes=2de-sart and christie 1 each)But this season we have Martin and Nugent for the full season surely between tem they can score 18 goals,Also on ther plus side we have strengthened the defense  SO THE FUTURES BRIGHT THE FUTURES ROWETT

There are very few wingers at this level that are consistent. If say Russell is our best and has track record. He should thrive with GR high press tactics and CM to play off.

Wieman looked decent in preseason playing left and cutting in.

Bennett and Anya would be useful competition.

Can't help feeling we need to bring in someone better than what we already have and offload one of the existing 4. If we don't bring in another it's still decent and if expect all 4 wingers getting enough game time to succeed.

In terms of return, double figures in goals and assists for the two first choice wingers should be the aspiration. Depends on how much rotation we see to an extent.

Surely Formation plays a bit of a part too

I would expect the wide men in a three to score more and assist less than the wide men in a 442

I would also expect a right footer on the right or left footer on the left to assist more and score less than the other way around.

Also if the midfield 4 is a diamond and the wide players are a little deeper that could affect it too.

So to a large extent it is about what they are being asked to do and the players around them, do they have a full back keen to overlap or does it stay back ?

Having a first name starting with a J and a second name starting with a R....

But seriously you get different things from different players, but I think in terms of wingers like I think Rowett wants, I'd say getting to a position to cross the ball and being able to cross the ball.

We dont really have have many of those despite donkey work from some, nippyness from others, the occasional trick or decent shot.

I wouldn't like to put a figure on goals and assists that are good/bad, as it does depend a bit on what they do for the team overall.

3 minutes ago, David said:

£48, unless the missus buys it you. Technically it was a freebie, just not from the club that you was hinting at 

Wouldn't bother me if you got a free one from the Rams mate I'd say good luck to you. 

Decent present that from the missus .

Archived