Watch Sunderland vs DCFC Free on NOW TV

drgoodspeak

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

People have lots of reasons for not going to away games, money, work. I could afford it but just don't want to. 

I enjoy the afternoon for home games with my dad but to go to away games would mean often being out the house all day pretty much on a Saturday which I'm not prepared to do. I would however watch away games online if there was an option to.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

People have lots of reasons for not going to away games, money, work. I could afford it but just don't want to. 

I enjoy the afternoon for home games with my dad but to go to away games would mean often being out the house all day pretty much on a Saturday which I'm not prepared to do. I would however watch away games online if there was an option to.

Away games are a special treat for me, maybe 5-10 games a season, any more and my dinner would be in the dog (if I had a dog) not worth the hassle! 

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes i live at home as i would never cope on my own. There are things i cant do so for me derby is my passion if derby do well i am so happy but when derby struggle i kick every single ball with them.

Fair play B4, a lot of members will have their own houses and family to feed, so when the mortgage, council tax, electric, gas, insurance, car payment bills come in, going to watch Derby away simply isn't possible so a free pass to watch online is very welcome.

Also not everybody lives in Derby and able to catch the road rider to save money, I live in Grimsby as one example.

It would cost me £77 for the train, £25 a match ticket, hotel for the night as there is no trains back that night so let's say I pick a room up for £40. Food, drinks £30 (on a budget) That's £172.

Almost half of what I paid for a season ticket last year for one game which I can now watch on Sky for free. 

If I was living it my parents in Derby on the same money I'd be there next to you in the stands, responsibilities say I can't.

IMG_0427.PNG

2 hours ago, David said:

Can I just say how disgusting those train prices are. I could fly to Spain and back quicker and cheaper than travel up the east coast

Costs me approximately £100 each time I come over on the train, scandalous. Trouble is it's so much more fun than driving.

3 hours ago, David said:

Can I just say how disgusting those train prices are. I could fly to Spain and back quicker and cheaper than travel up the east coast

20 minutes ago, froggg said:

Costs me approximately £100 each time I come over on the train, scandalous. Trouble is it's so much more fun than driving.

It's a joke. It's about time we renationalised and admitted that it just doesn't work, no matter what your political leanings are. I live in London, so I catch very few home games.

I recently took trains around Italy - they were less than half the price, they had air conditioning, everyone got a seat and they were on time!

Spot on @David

Mortgage, bills, 2 cars, 2 kids...there's no way i'm going up to Sunderland on a Friday night when you can watch at home for free or in the pub for £20 

i'll try and do roughly 10 home, 10 away games this season, the away games will be on the train and with a few beers, not stuck on the A1 in traffic at 6pm on a Friday evening

Archived