Would you be happy if...

StarterForTen

36 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Still 40 days to go before the transfer window closes; really no point having all this negativity.

l am pretty certain in my own mind that Rowett knows what we need, and he is working his nuts off to deliver.

I think you're right.

he's gone all jerky and twitchy.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the signings have made us a bit more solid at the back but we haven't replaced the creativity and goals of Hughes and Ince. I also think we need a bit more pace in the midfield. Huddles, Bradders and Butters are not the most sprightly. We need a better version of Bryson. So if we can get a midfielder with legs and a decent, creative wide player and get rid of 4 or 5, maybe a couple out on loan, I would be happy...

Im not sure how anyone can think losing Ince and Hughes without replacing them can be a good thing. So no, at present I think it would be a poor transfer window, plus we need to ship out a 2/3 more.

I'm slightly concerned that we have too many "first teamers" in the squad still.

Surely, it'll be impossible to justify bringing in new players on the wing and midfield when you have so many players to reconcile in those positions.

Huddlestone, Thorne, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield and Hanson is too many.

Add in Anya, Russell, Blackman, Weimann and Bennett.

Then Martin, Nugent, Bent and Vydra.

That is fifteen players all with an expectation of being in the first team with only six positions available to them.

And we're talking about needing to bring in 2/3 more.  My feeling is we need 2/3 less and then start looking at a one in one out basis.  Otherwise, it is unsustainable.

I think the incoming business we've done so far is decent and has been astute. We've added experience, stability, strength and vision to RB, CB and CDM. Which is good and very worthwhile for our foundations.

I have been disappointed that Hughes and Ince have gone (less so Ince tbf) as I would have hoped that others would have been sold first. However, you can only sell what people want to buy and I suspect it'll come down to a bit of a scramble at the end of the window, as it always does as teams look around to fill certain positions.

It always becomes a bit like a mortgage chain / game of chess, unless you have a more extensive scouting network and bring in talent from slightly further afield.

I think we have a decent squad of players, I would be concerned about a lack of attacking creativity at CAM and on the wing.

However, before that I do think we have got one more body at LB, CB, CM and S than we need. I would hope to see movement out of Olsen, Shackell, Hanson (loan) & Blackman. Even then if we're bringing in a CAM and winger, I would have one in one out depending on the quality of the incoming. At CAM for example you'd think incoming would spell the end of Butterfield or Vydra and a winger would replace one of Weimann, Anya or Bennett.

If the window closed now and business was over, I wouldn't be too worried about the squad of players we have beyond the fact that we have too many players...

Archived