20 To Travel

DCFC1388

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby will take a squad of 20 players to Germany this weekend and Rowett has explained his thinking in the upcoming friendlies.

"I don't want to make a copious amount of changes during the game in Germany," said Rowett.

"As I explained to the players the whole point for me even though the game against Kaiserlautern looks a 'sexier' game in some ways, the Northampton game on the Tuesday is just as important.

"So if you don't play against Kaiserslautern, you'll play against Northampton and the ones that play in Germany will have to sit and watch in Northampton.

"If you play against Kaiserslautern that means nothing. If you play against Hoffenheim it means nothing. It is about being in the team for the first game of the season against Sunderland."

This means that anyone with a knock definitely won't go. 

It could also mean we take a strong 11 plus 9 subs rather than our strongest 20 players. 

Maybe the proposed starting 11 for Northampton won't even travel and the 9 kaiserslautrn subs will also sub at Northampton.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 20 will be....

Carson, mitchell, Blackman, wisdom, baird, Blackman, forsyth, keogh, Davies, Johnson,huddlestone, Blackman, Anya, Butterfield, Bryson, weimann, martin, russell, nugent, Blackman

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The 20 will be....

Carson, mitchell, Blackman, wisdom, baird, Blackman, forsyth, keogh, Davies, Johnson,huddlestone, Blackman, Anya, Butterfield, Bryson, weimann, martin, russell, nugent, Blackman

Swap Bennett for Blackman (due to injury) and that sounds about right. 

Maybe add one quality winger to that squad and I'd be more than happy with that squad going into the new season 

Carson, Mitchell; Forsyth, Olsson, Keogh, Pearce, Davies, Wisdom, Baird; Bennett, Russell, Butterfield, Huddlestone, Bryson, Johnson, Weimann, Anya; Nugent, Martin will definitely go. 

It's then a fight between Hanson & Elsnik for the last place on the plane. I imagine it will be Hanson, though, for a guess. 

Carson 

Mitchell 

Baird

Wisdom

Keogh 

Davies 

Pearce 

Fozzy

Olsson

Huddlestone

Johnson

Butterfield

Bryson 

Bennett

Anya

Russell

Weimann

Nugent

Martin 

Hanson or Elsnik.

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Derby will take a squad of 20 players to Germany this weekend and Rowett has explained his thinking in the upcoming friendlies.

"I don't want to make a copious amount of changes during the game in Germany," said Rowett.

"As I explained to the players the whole point for me even though the game against Kaiserlautern looks a 'sexier' game in some ways, the Northampton game on the Tuesday is just as important.

"So if you don't play against Kaiserslautern, you'll play against Northampton and the ones that play in Germany will have to sit and watch in Northampton.

"If you play against Kaiserslautern that means nothing. If you play against Hoffenheim it means nothing. It is about being in the team for the first game of the season against Sunderland."

So Gary''s thinking is that nothing really matters?

Why are we off to Germany?  Could just have popped to Northampton via Irthlingborough and saved time/cash :lol:

Gary Rowett has indicated that Saturday’s starting line-up at Kaiserslautern will start to resemble the direction he wants to take ahead of the opening game of the 2017/18 season.

Derby County’s curtain raiser will see them travel to the Stadium of Light to face recently relegated Sunderland in two weeks’ time on 4th August.

Before that, however, the Rams have a further three pre-season fixtures – starting this weekend in Kaiserslautern – and after spreading the minutes across his squad, Rowett is now starting to focus one eye on a potential starting line-up.

The majority of the 43-year-old’s players got 90 minutes under their belts over the course of the Tuesday night double-header at Port Vale and Doncaster Rovers – which Derby won 1-0 and drew 1-1 respectively.

Now, Rowett, his coaching staff, and a squad of 21 will fly out to Germany today ahead of Saturday’s clash with 2. Bundesliga outfit Kaiserslautern (kick-off: 3pm BST).

With the club’s pre-season preparations cranking up a further notch, the Derby boss has warned his players now is the time to stake a claim for a starting spot for the tasty opening day match up with Simon Grayson’s Sunderland.

He told RamsTV: “It will be a different type of game, a step up, and a match where we will have to work very hard out of possession, but I am sure it will feel like a proper match again.

“We want to ramp the challenge up bit by bit and get minutes in the legs bit by bit as well.

“You want to give everyone that opportunity so that in that first game (at Sunderland) if someone has to come off everyone else is ready and that’s the whole point.

“We have, though, got to have an idea about our starting XI, but ultimately we want everyone challenging for that spot and being ready to step in because you don’t know what is going to happen.

“It will be a good game over in Germany, it will be different having to travel over the day before.

“Again, it will be just a different type of preparation and hopefully we will get what we need to out of it.

“As I have said before, the results are not really the most important thing. Some of the elements we are working on are.”

Apparently its 21 now. 

Elsnik, for me.

Archived