20 To Travel

DCFC1388

Who will miss out on the trip to Germany, Nugent has said there is only 20 travelling.

Shackell, Lowe, Thorne, Vydra + Blackman miss out to injury.

We have currently used the below 'first team' players in pre-season but there are 23 of them. The 3 in bold are who I think won't travel (was unsure between Roos + Hanson) - 

Carson, Mitchell, Roos, Wisdom, Baird, Keogh, Davies, Pearce, Hanson, Forsyth, Olsson, Huddlestone, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Elsnik, Anya, Weimann, Russell, Bennett, Nugent, Martin, Bent

Who do you think will miss out?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vydra & Blackman injuries make this a lot easier for Gaz.

Roos, Elsnik & Bent will miss out as Bent tweaked his knee in the Port Vale game.

No chance whatsoever that Bennett will miss out, he's closer to the first team than Hanson at present.

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Vydra & Blackman injuries make this a lot easier for Gaz.

Roos, Elsnik & Bent will miss out as Bent tweaked his knee in the Port Vale game.

No chance whatsoever that Bennett will miss out, he's closer to the first team than Hanson at present.

Ah yeah forgot about Bent's slight injury, would've thought the club would mention him not travelling due to injury though like they did Blackman + Vydra?

I chose Hanson travelling more because he can cover 3 roles in RB, CB + CM

Hanson's played more minutes than anyone at the minute - 45 at Kidderminster, 90 at Macclesfield, 90 at Doncaster. I'd be very surprised if he didn't travel.

Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Johnson, Weimann, Bennett, Nugent, Martin.

Mitchell, Baird, Hanson, Pearce, Olsson, Butterfield, Bryson, Russell, Anya. 

As Saul said, made very easy by the injuries.

23 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ah yeah forgot about Bent's slight injury, would've thought the club would mention him not travelling due to injury though like they did Blackman + Vydra?

I chose Hanson travelling more because he can cover 3 roles in RB, CB + CM

So can Baird :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Hanson's played more minutes than anyone at the minute - 45 at Kidderminster, 90 at Macclesfield, 90 at Doncaster. I'd be very surprised if he didn't travel.

Carson, Forsyth, Davies, Keogh, Wisdom, Huddlestone, Johnson, Weimann, Bennett, Nugent, Martin.

Mitchell, Baird, Hanson, Pearce, Olsson, Butterfield, Bryson, Russell, Anya. 

As Saul said, made very easy by the injuries.

That may be why he doesn't go. If Gary is using these games for fitness, then perhaps he thinks others need more game time than Hanson 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But 'master of none'. Maybe he's played to be in the shop window, he's looked fairly ordinary so far.

Yes, I agree. I am not sure Hanson is good enough to be a regular in a team that is looking for top 6.....

Doesn't really matter who doesn't go in all reality as several first team squad members are unavailable 

shackell bent Thorne Lowe Vydra and even Blackman 

at this point we can all name a probable starting ten or eleven for the Sunderland game 

Derby will take a squad of 20 players to Germany this weekend and Rowett has explained his thinking in the upcoming friendlies.

"I don't want to make a copious amount of changes during the game in Germany," said Rowett.

"As I explained to the players the whole point for me even though the game against Kaiserlautern looks a 'sexier' game in some ways, the Northampton game on the Tuesday is just as important.

"So if you don't play against Kaiserslautern, you'll play against Northampton and the ones that play in Germany will have to sit and watch in Northampton.

"If you play against Kaiserslautern that means nothing. If you play against Hoffenheim it means nothing. It is about being in the team for the first game of the season against Sunderland."

Archived