Not in the shop window

sage

It's frustrating that in Bent, Blackman and Vydra we have 3 players on high wages who I suspect we would like to sell or loan this summer aren't in the shop window now due to injury.

I hope this doesn't have a negative impact on who we are able to bring in.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, sage said:

It's frustrating that in Bent, Blackman and Vydra we have 3 players on high wages who I suspect we would like to sell or loan this summer aren't in the shop window now due to injury.

Always look on the bright side, them being on the bench is currently having a positive effect on the team.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It obviously has an impact on what we can do budget wise, but where are we with these players? Vydra we know can do the business in this league and may spark with players around him who will pass the ball to him ( Martin mainly because Ince never did) Blackman well he has never looked up to the task at any point so his future really should be away from Derby and Bent despite the lack of build up play and reduction in speed he does know where the net is and will score goals if the ball gets into the penalty box but will he be happy with the second reserve position? 

So for me Blackman away at a cost, Bent carry on unless another deal comes his way and Vydra has to be worth persevering with 

read somewhere that charlton have come in for bent carnt find where now ? hope is injury is just short time for is sake all round, i would like to see him go to make way but he is still a asset to us as he can score goals because he gets in the box more (offside a bit to much).vydra is a hard one as we have paid top dollar for him and havnt really given him time to show what he can do. (we would lose to much if sold off). blackman hasnt had proper consistant football either down to injury problems,he is trying is best to please and does have some quality.( me personally would try and sell if not loan out)

1 hour ago, lee_derby said:

read somewhere that charlton have come in for bent carnt find where now ? hope is injury is just short time for is sake all round, i would like to see him go to make way but he is still a asset to us as he can score goals because he gets in the box more (offside a bit to much).vydra is a hard one as we have paid top dollar for him and havnt really given him time to show what he can do. (we would lose to much if sold off). blackman hasnt had proper consistant football either down to injury problems,he is trying is best to please and does have some quality.( me personally would try and sell if not loan out)

Pretty good summary fella :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, sage said:

You can add Shackell to that list too.

Assuming they're fit, I think we'll end up loaning out Shackell & Blackman before the close of the window.

Vydra & Bent will stay as backups to Nugent & Martin.

I'd also try to loan out Lowe for the season to try and toughen up his seemingly  frail body.

I'm not annoyed in the slightest about these players going or not going. I don't see any player in our squad as incapable of having an impact next season. We don't have a single player that's not shown ability at some stage in his career, whether that's been in the past 12 months or not doesn't matter one squat. 

Darren Bent continues to get stick, but we know he will score goals. I admit his all round play is progressively getting worse, but he's a solid professional, by all accounts seems to train hard and 10 goals in 22 starts last season. He's a good option to have in the squad, IMO. 

We need to keep an open mind about the players who don't leave the club, like Blackman. We're not dealing with completely unproven players any more. I agree we should move players on if the opportunity comes along, but I would not at all be upset with anyone in the current squad staying. 

Blackman is quality - just hasn't had a chance.

and when he has, the ball just hasn't fall kindly.

and when it has, he's been very unlucky not to score.

I think you'll find that someone got in the way or the ball went wide.

Not his fault.

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Most? Would you like to name 12 current senior players who have only had 1 good season out of 6?

It was a bit of a sarcastic tongue in cheek comment but you would have to define a good season first.

is being in a promotion team good? Being in a relegated team from the prem good? Individual performance rating? Goals scored? Assists? Goals conceded?

havent seen most of these players play every game at their respective clubs for the last 6 years either. 

If you ask some of our fans, Martin is rubbish, Ince was lazy, Carson can't command his box and keoghs our sole reason for failing the last few years!

i could give you my personal names but means jack really, as most opinions tend to unless they are the same as yours ?✌

Archived