Additional fees

The_Sheriff

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Simsy said:

So I am trying to buy a load of tickets. 

They charge £1 per ticket as 'fees'.  Why? 

No doubt there's also postage fees...

what's with all the extras? 

I reckon it costs a £1 more per ticket to employ a computer and then have someone looking at it to see what you have ordered. Then they need to get the tickets and put them in an envelope and this is the best bit they have to post them. Even though the postage is £1 the frank mark on the envelope is 50p. 100% mark up on postage.

If you go in person and speak to someone employed on the desk it is a £1/ticket cheaper so it must be the computer bit.

I'm going to take a complete wild stab in the dark guess and throw out a maybe.....could it go to the company that provides the software, kind of a commission in exchange for support/maintence/updates to the system.

Or does Derby own that outright?

You pay a third party so much a month and then x amount of pennies per transaction for card processing fees. 

I'd say that the amount of transactions Derby do, it will be between 5p and 10p a transaction with the monthly fees added in. Might even be cheaper. I know Asda pay 0.1p on Debit cards, or did do anyway. Obviously their number of transactions are a lot higher.

You've hit a nerve @Simsy It's drives me mad. Not just Derby but everywhere. Bought tickets from Ticketmaster recently and it cost £7.50 extra just for the privilege of me giving them money. It's outrageous.

The good news is that it was announced a couple of days ago that credit card fees are being banned: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jul/19/charges-paying-card-banned-flights-tax-bills

So that's a great start.

Its a ****** when your the designated buyer for your group of mates and you forget to factor in the £1 fee so you end up paying £40 for a ticket and they pay £30 because you don't want to look a tight arse telling them all they owe you a quid :lol:

5 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

You've hit a nerve @Simsy It's drives me mad. Not just Derby but everywhere. Bought tickets from Ticketmaster recently and it cost £7.50 extra just for the privilege of me giving them money. It's outrageous.

The good news is that it was announced a couple of days ago that credit card fees are being banned: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/jul/19/charges-paying-card-banned-flights-tax-bills

So that's a great start.

Yup being charged for paying them.. what's with that?

i wouldn't mind so much if it was a quid for the one transaction but to charge me per ticket is ridiculous.

On 20/07/2017 at 12:42, YouRams said:

Its a ****** when your the designated buyer for your group of mates and you forget to factor in the £1 fee so you end up paying £40 for a ticket and they pay £30 because you don't want to look a tight arse telling them all they owe you a quid :lol:

Tell em they owe you a fiver per ticket each - you don't look a tight arse and make a profit for your efforts. Win win

Sith Happens

I dont really have a problem with ticket fees, they are most likely because a third party is involved somewhere. What I think is poor that they still have 0871 numbers if you want to call up, ok its possible to find out an alternate number using google usually but that is nothing more than a money making excercise as the club will get a kickback off each call made from the telecoms provider they use.

Suck it in you Jessy's,  I just paid £45 booking fee for each of three tickets to a concert!

wasnt a happy bunny when it came to paying, but the time was ticking and the pressure was on to get them secured.

barstewards.

Archived