Sheyi Ojo joined Fulham on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

39 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Have you got a source for this? I've not seen anyone say we're only looking for English League players. Maybe it's less likely that newspapers get the details if we're going for foreign players as it's less likely to be leaked. 

Didn't GR say that he had been to watch Wisdom playing for Salzburg several times? We didn't get wind of that until he deal was close to being completed (yes I do remember that the actual completion took an eternity)

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Boro5707 said:

I never said anything about beating your training facilities.  I was replying to the post stating yours were clearly ahead.  Making out that ours were below par.  Both CAT 1 academies ect.    Both invested heavily in the training facilities and academies. 

Rockcliffe training ground was built in 1998 costing 7m.  

Moor Farm was built in 2003 costing 5m. 

Aside from the bit about it being second to none in Europe..

2 minutes ago, Boro5707 said:

I never said anything about beating your training facilities.  I was replying to the post stating yours were clearly ahead.  Making out that ours were below par.  Both CAT 1 academies ect.    Both invested heavily in the training facilities and academies. 

To be fair to @SamUltraRam - We have just invested a further £2m into the training ground, taking it into the within the top facilities in Europe. 

6 minutes ago, Boro5707 said:

Also, we haven't been category 1 for long, and haven't been playing in the top academy division for long either.

9 minutes ago, Boro5707 said:

My Dads bigger than your Dad

2 hours ago, Boro5707 said:

I would very much doubt you are clearly ahead of us in terms of facilities as you state above.  Our training ground is pretty much second to none in Europe, not to mention 5 Star Rockcliffe Hall complex which cost 60 million at the training ground. 

I do think there is a good chance he wont go to us due to lack of gametime.  

Does Rockcliffe have sausages?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

We should yes - So far we have produced Hughes and Hendrick 

They give them a chance IF they're ready - Look at Chelsea - Piazon is back out on loan again - As I imagine will be half of their squad again - And Liverpool are just as bad - The other thread we have on Kevin Stewart, we're talking about loaning Ojo - Both aren't considered good enough yet so aren't getting game time

Yes - And my evidence is that a whole series of managers so far have thought that too

Yeh but equally he might stay at the same level which could weaken our side for ages

Hughes is case and point for me - He was good enough - He came in - Showed he improved the side right away - As did Hendrick

I would LOVE for Bennett to be the best winger in our squad - Would LOVE for his goals and assists to fire us to the Premier League - However if he's not ready to improve us I can't advocate him starting games just to see if he will develop or not

Chelsea as an example isn't the best, since they almost never give their youngsters a chance, and I'm sure players like Solanke who was at Chelsea could have done a job for them, if given a shot. The managers have thought that in the past, I agree with you, but perhaps this is the year that the managers perception will change, I don't think Russell is far ahead of Bennett personally, but it's for Rowett to decide. 

How can you know if someone will be ready if you don't give them a chance? It's kind of a chicken or the egg situation, you only want to play them if they're ready, but the only way you can test if they're ready is to put them in. 

Again, I think it'll be down to Rowett if he believes Bennett will be ready to improve us or not, however I'd quite like to see him get a shot as you can tell, but you do make valid points, if he isn't ready, he isn't ready, but at 21 this is a make or break season for him.

6 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Ahhh yes, but still i'd hope Liverpool could see that Brad Jones' poor loan wasn't really our fault at all, it was his for being sh*te :lol:

In fairness to him, his son was dying of leukaemia when he came to us, so he might not have had his mind on the game fully.  He was poor for us though...

Really want this one to happen.

i know I have been unenthusiastic about toral and Lawrence and Ojo doesn't statistically scream an improvement on these.

But when you know.. you know :lol:  since the season ended I've thought he's the type of loan signing we need.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we missed out on Ojo. I can understand why so many clubs are in for him, as a loan signing he is probably up there with the most notable picks for Championship clubs, but I'd much prefer to develop Bennett who is at least an equal to Ojo.

On the other hand, he's quick, pacy and has a trick - it could all come together next season and it would be good to be the beneficiary. 

The more I think about it the more I realise that he may choose us. Derby is closer to Liverpool where all his family will presumably be. Middlesbrough (no offense) hasn't really got anything there, except maybe promotion. Fulham is London so I could understand if he went there, but will they get promoted?

7 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

The more I think about it the more I realise that he may choose us. Derby is closer to Liverpool where all his family will presumably be. Middlesbrough (no offense) hasn't really got anything there, except maybe promotion. Fulham is London so I could understand if he went there, but will they get promoted?

Since when has location ever been a consideration over money? I would suggest very few would move purely for the location especially in their younger years. Once they have a family of their own then maybe.

5 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Since when has location ever been a consideration over money? I would suggest very few would move purely for the location especially in their younger years. Once they have a family of their own then maybe.

In a loan situation i would have thought location would be a big consideration. His wages will remain the same no matter which of the 3 he picks.

7 minutes ago, dave126 said:

In a loan situation i would have thought location would be a big consideration. His wages will remain the same no matter which of the 3 he picks.

If it is a loan situation then I guess he will choose the club that he will benefit from the most. With a regard to play time and maybe future signing.

9 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

If it is a loan situation then I guess he will choose the club that he will benefit from the most. With a regard to play time and maybe future signing.

Agreed. There will be many factors. But money wont be one of them. 

9 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It wouldn't be the end of the world if we missed out on Ojo. I can understand why so many clubs are in for him, as a loan signing he is probably up there with the most notable picks for Championship clubs, but I'd much prefer to develop Bennett who is at least an equal to Ojo.

On the other hand, he's quick, pacy and has a trick - it could all come together next season and it would be good to be the beneficiary. 

My thoughts exactly on the whole Bennett ojo situation . Why develop a player for someone else's benefit when we've got someone of possible equal potential to develop for ourselves. 

Archived