v Kaiserslautern Match Thread

Day

22 hours ago, superzak said:

very poor side virtually the same as last years failures

Thought Derby played very well yesterday, moved the ball well and the closing down was very good, every player looked hungry to impress the manager, special mention to Wisdom who put his body on the line a few times with some great blocks, also Forsyth had a very good game, for saying how long he has been out the team for, also Big Tom Huddlestone was the stand out player, looked a class above at times, and Martin took his goal very well, can not wait for the season to start now.

22 hours ago, superzak said:

very poor side virtually the same as last years failures

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see Chris Martin back leading the line. He has great football intelligence and the technical ability to match. Tom Huddlestone shows every sign of being the bargain of the summer.

No doubt more business will be done before the window closes but the current squad has top 6 quality for sure.

On 23 July 2017 at 07:05, singaporeram said:

Great away day, Kaiserslautern had a whole day of activities planned for the fans - kids skill tests on the training pitch, bouncy castles everywhere, copious amounts of sausages. 

Big and noisy travelling contingent with beer and sunshine deluding many that the shirt off look works.

On the pitch, big Tom the highlight, still looks like the giant child in an Under 10s game.

Off the pitch - adapting the Abdul Camara song to Nugent was the win, clearly amusing the subs (Nugent's Vauxhall Zafira was in Preston).

Hard working, determined team, with the back 6 and Martin in place for Sunderland. Weimann the pick of the rest but still plenty to sort out.

The Summer's been too long...roll on this season

Superb Punditry Sir! 

8 hours ago, JG400 said:

Found a form link for KaiserSlautern , it says in there that 5,500 watched the game (with 10,000 to the whole days events).

KaiserSlautern match review

Love one of their fans (translated) comments:

Of Zicco 82 »22.07.2017, 19:23

Already back home ... 
Good resp. Carrier. Correis, Müller and Albaek. The rest still have a lot of training. I fear that the first games in the pants go. 

I bet some of our fans are thinking the same about us! :lol:

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I bet some of our fans are thinking the same about us! :lol:

In their pants? It sounds like they forgot their PE kit.

6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I was tickled by this one....

Of wkv »22.07.2017, 19:31

"Another season without a remarkable storm does not survive this club. Then you can play on the pea mountain."

3 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

I was tickled by this one....

Of wkv »22.07.2017, 19:31

"Another season without a remarkable storm does not survive this club. Then you can play on the pea mountain."

There are some odd ones on there! One user suggested that the players should cut themselves and another said that they should just focus on making their hair look good. I've got bing translator and it is funny seeing the translated comments. I've noticed many on there refer to Derby as a 'she' but as you were.

16 hours ago, JG400 said:

Found a form link for KaiserSlautern , it says in there that 5,500 watched the game (with 10,000 to the whole days events

KaiserSlautern match review

This is gold.

Someone on there pointed out that our squad value on transfermarkt is something like three times the value and that although we're both second-tier clubs, we were always favourites to win. To which someone replied:

Now let our experts let off steam without any problems, patience has always been lackware ... wished me a victory against Nuremberg and then we both read the comments 

The "don't let the fact stop the 'experts' having a moan" forum cliche breaks down language barriers.

Also interesting that lots of their fans were saying they thought we were pretty brutal considering it was a friendly match. Have to say I thought the same when watching the game too, we weren't backing out of challenges and our players were on the ref like it was a league game.

It definitely had a different feel to the other pre-season friendlies so far - it felt like we were playing to win, not playing to get fit.

29 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Also interesting that lots of their fans were saying they thought we were pretty brutal considering it was a friendly match. Have to say I thought the same when watching the game too, we weren't backing out of challenges and our players were on the ref like it was a league game.

It definitely had a different feel to the other pre-season friendlies so far - it felt like we were playing to win, not playing to get fit.

Good attitude, always play to win and always give 100%

Archived