Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't see what he'd bring that Butterfield doesn't?

Butterfield's played impressively as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1. I think he's got a better range of shooting and passing than Toral from what I've seen of them both.

Only thing I can see is that Toral's more suited to playing DM than Butterfield is because he's taller. He looks a good player and I can see why we want him but I don't think this is going to massively improve the starting eleven.

30 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

And yet he was widely panned whilst at Rangers, so maybe played out of position (and had a rogue good game in the one you're quoting)?

As I have already said in this thread, he did play as a deep-lying midfielder last season while in Granada and while with Rangers. He maybe didn't play at the highest level of his footballing standards each and every game, but he himself acknowledged it was good school for him (in an interview for Rangers TV). He said he learned lot.  

A good complete midfielder has be able to play in several different positions and some of the best deep-lying midfielders at the moment (for example: Luka Modric and Tony Kroos) have started as advanced attacking midfielders and later reverted to deep-lying roles.

7 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

As I have already said in this thread, he did play as a deep-lying midfielder last season while in Granada and while with Rangers. He maybe didn't play at the highest level of his footballing standards each and every game, but he himself acknowledged it was good school for him (in an interview for Rangers TV). He said he learned lot.  

A good complete midfielder has be able to play in several different positions and some of the best deep-lying midfielders at the moment (for example: Luka Modric and Tony Kroos) have started as advanced attacking midfielders and later reverted to deep-lying roles.

Ahh, I see what you're saying.

I thought you were suggesting his best position was in that role, rather than the number 10. I agree it's nice to have the option to play him in multiple positions, and that it's only a testament to him that he is able to do that.

9 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I still can't see what he'd bring that Butterfield doesn't?

Butterfield's played impressively as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1. I think he's got a better range of shooting and passing than Toral from what I've seen of them both.

Only thing I can see is that Toral's more suited to playing DM than Butterfield is because he's taller. He looks a good player and I can see why we want him but I don't think this is going to massively improve the starting eleven.

Mate Butterfield is shocking 

1 minute ago, StringerBell said:

Well s****.

Didnt realise Bleacher Report bothered with reserve players or second tier clubs.

I try stay away though because of all the American lingo.

Pretty much why I'd find it a debatable source...

However they are about to sell Clucas to Swansea so they may be after an attacking mid - Or it could just be simple lazy journalism because of that... 

Archived