Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Flip that round. Albentosa was s**t here, but amazing in La Liga.

Point being, horses for courses, players fit in different teams, in different positions, under different managers, in different systems, with different team mates all the time.

We've tried buying other teams best players, that just got us overpriced players which were nothing special. About time we tried to find some rough diamonds as well.

Albentosa isn't that good in la Liga, he's still as bad he was here but he's playing in a better team where he has more protection in front of him.

As Leicester Ram said above, his highlights don't look too impressive to me. I'd also have to ask that if we are buying Toral as a 10, then why hasn't Butterfield been given a proper opportunity there? I just hope that Rowett gets the best out of him because his reviews recently haven't been too impressive and Rangers fans  accused him on throwing in the towel in games which is never good to hear.

As is the thing with highlight videos - its difficult to make a bad one (which the one linked is)

This one is better: 

Shooting is poor, but he looks alright overall. Not worth a big fee tho, if permanent, imo. 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

As Leicester Ram said above, his highlights don't look too impressive to me. I'd also have to ask that if we are buying Toral as a 10, then why hasn't Butterfield been given a proper opportunity there? I just hope that Rowett gets the best out of him because his reviews recently haven't been too impressive and Rangers fans  accused him on throwing in the towel in games which is never good to hear.

We don't know what he's really like as a player - As many keep pointing out Hughes isn't exactly full of goals and assists from his time with us but we all know how great it is to watch him run a game - I'm yet to be convinced that Butters can do that but maybe Rowett thinks this lad can?

He's a 22 yr old who's still on the books at Arsenal - I've said this about other young players at top clubs - If they're still on the books at this point then someone has seen something in them - Otherwise they would have been released at an earlier age

Didn't play much in a relegation fight probably means he's a luxury - Remember Jamie Ward wasn't playing for a the relegated Sheff Utd when we signed him - Doesn't mean he won;t be good in our side - And Rangers are terrible - GIve him the chance to play with some decent players and you never know what he could do

Also - Good chance this is just a lazy link cos he worked with Rowett in the past

Absolutely hilarious that people are judging a player solely on the basis of a few clips on YouTube videos,ffs!! Rowett has already said he'll only sign players that he's actually watched and he watched a lot of games before he became our manager.Toral's already played under him so I think GR would have a good idea of his capabilities.Can remember him playing well here for Birmingham and,if he's good enough for Rowett so be it.Don't think he's the "top,top replacement "for Ince though.Other irons in the fire methinks.?

Rate the player, im sure he'd be a fine addition. 

But what confuses me here is the purpose of the signing. Comparisons to Ince, Hughes and Jota don't make sense. The guy plays as a No.10, just off the centre-forward. Preferably a big one too, if you look at his time with Clayton Donaldson.

We need two wingers. That's why links to people like Lawrence make sense. This one doesn't too me, especially when Rowett has already stated we have too many players that can play in that position. 

Dont get me wrong, if we sign him, I'd welcome him with open arms because he's a classy player from what I remember. But I would see it spelling the end for Vydra, and a few others, at the very least. 

An interesting player, he's quite a fast runner, technically good, but however not a completely finished product, I must say. He has played mostly as a Box-to-Box Midfielder CM/RM/LM.

Brentford

The Championship 2014/2015 - RM: 2, CM: 3, LM: 3

League Cup 2014/2015 - CM: 1

FA Cup 2014/2015 - CM: 1

Birmingham City 

The Championship 2015/2016 - RM: 3, CM: 24, LM: 1

Rangers FC

Scottish Premiership 2016/2017 - RM: 4, CM: 8

Granada CF

La Liga 2016/2017 - RM: 1, CM: 2, LM: 1

He is not a winger, I am seeing him as a possible new partner for T. Huddlestone.

If he comes in, definitely either Bryson, Johnson or Butterfield is going away.

The Hudd/George

Toral/Bryson                Johnson/Butters

Russell                                                                       Lawrence

Martin

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Rate the player, im sure he'd be a fine addition. 

But what confuses me here is the purpose of the signing. Comparisons to Ince, Hughes and Jota don't make sense. The guy plays as a No.10, just off the centre-forward. Preferably a big one too, if you look at his time with Clayton Donaldson.

We need two wingers. That's why links to people like Lawrence make sense. This one doesn't too me, especially when Rowett has already stated we have too many players that can play in that position. 

Dont get me wrong, if we sign him, I'd welcome him with open arms because he's a classy player from what I remember. But I would see it spelling the end for Vydra, and a few others, at the very least. 

Indications are that we're looking at a couple of signings in the front end at the moment - Would have thought at least one is a winger

However - I have been wondering if maybe a different type of number 10 is what they're after? I've been working on the assumption that we'd have Vydra and Nugent as our #10s and that we'd have Martin and Bent as our #9s - However if we went back to assuming that Nugent and Martin are our #9s then a different type of #10 to Vydra would make sense

Then a new Ince-like winger (more creative, more link up play) to add to Russell (terrier with a brain), Anya (sprint to the byline and cross) and Blackman/Wiemann (head down, race for goal) would make sense?

just for the benefit of @Ninos and @RamsPolls following their facepalm reaction, I would like to qualify my opinion. I think I watched Toral live about 8 times during that Birmingham loan season, as well as TV coverage. I choose to base my opinion on what my eyes tell me, and not what I think gets me some attention.

Whilst a tidy player technically, he is in no way better than Butterfield. His only advantage is he's yet to face the ignorance of deludedly self-important Derby fans who find it easy to criticise people playing a game they don't understand.

We have better within the club. So unless we can offload some players first, we don't need and won't improve with Toral in the team.

and you @Sparkle 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

Genuinely buzzing with this rumour. Think he could be a massive signing for us. 

Would far rather we develop our own talent. Haven't seen anyone in any thread ever mention this bloke before. Just because he's from arsenal doesn't mean he's all that. Rather play Bennett or elsnik

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Not a bad player, but hardly a "very very" good replacement for Ince, or whatever Rowett's quote was. 

Just seen he didn't get many games in his last two loan spells at Granada and Rangers, does anyone know if he was injured? Because I'd hope we'd be buying players who could easily get into those teams. 

Plays down the middle and a bit on either wing, essentially anywhere across the 3 in a 4231, still very young so would improve. 

Overall, wouldn't mind him if the price is right, but we'd still need someone like Lawrence aswell, our current situation with our wingers isn't looking good. An entire season with Russell, Weimann, Anya and Bennett will see us finish mid table imo.

I think Russell wieman anya and Bennett would be very good ? this season and my main reason for this view is that I expect us to be passing the ball with purpose oh and we have Martin and nugent to give it to! 

Archived