DCFC Fans - The Hughes, Ince, Christie & Huddlestone Podcast

David

We're back with another podcast, this week with even more editing than usual thanks to Scott!

Hughes, Ince and Christie out, Huddlestone in. We share our thoughts but not our Twitter DM's on the recent transfers plus the new shirt and RamsTV.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hucknall Ram said:

:lol: What happened at the end? 

Haven't listened to what Daveo did with the editing, but midway through saying bye my Skype just ended itself, so rather than connect and just say "...bye" think Alex styled it out.

6 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Is it possible that listeners can't post comments to a thread and those be read out during the pod cast?

That type of interaction would be brilliant. 

We'd have to stream which I think we'd all be up for doing but we'd need to be sure of listener numbers, what time to do it and so on. But that is an interesting idea, it has crossed my mind before if we did something on match day. 

33 minutes ago, Alex W said:

We'd have to stream which I think we'd all be up for doing but we'd need to be sure of listener numbers, what time to do it and so on. But that is an interesting idea, it has crossed my mind before if we did something on match day. 

Stick a poll up to gauge numbers/preferred days and times.  

Test during something televised when more people are engaged.

How about you give us live commentary on the hoffenheim game so we don't have to listen to Partridge? 

Could nick Radio Derby's idea and do it via Facebook live.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Football commentating is a real skill, not something 3 babbling fools can just decide to do one afternoon. It would be horrendous

Would it? I surely wasn't the only kid who used to pretend to be commentator on Pro Evo

On 19/07/2017 at 16:18, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Is it possible that listeners can't post comments to a thread and those be read out during the pod cast?

That type of interaction would be brilliant. 

On 19/07/2017 at 16:27, Alex W said:

On 19/07/2017 at 17:12, Srg said:

Would also require some way of live broadcast. Might actually be best to do it via something like Twitch. Leave that to @Davidthough and if there's enough demand. 

An easier way of increasing the level of interaction (not as good but much simpler to implement) would be to start the podcast thread with comments a day or even a few hours before recording and let people post on there, and the panel could respond.

Listened to most of it last night (a great way of sending me to sleep :) ). A good chat. David's right that the Huddlestone euphoria is over the top - he divided Hull fans opinions a lot. It's good he's looking lean and is enjoying a decent preseason, but the real test will come when opponents put a man on him to stop him pinging passes around, and also whether as a team we can do enough running to cover his lack of it. On which note I hope Callum Guy gets a chance when he's finally recovered from his injury (very soon). The Port Vale fans could not believe his nonstop "Duracell bunny" running last season.

Rowett really rates Butterfield who is a big part of his plans, so certainly isn't going anywhere unless we're offered a lot more than we paid (so more than we got for Hughes) and that's not going to happen this close season. And, talking of Hughes, there was also (unreported) interest from Brighton and the unseemly haste of taking a pittance to get him out of the door remains a mystery. Of course he had to leave because Rowett didn't fancy him so he knew he wasn't going to be picked, but better offers would have come.

I'm also in the pro-Christie camp. Who knew our much-maligned former fullback had so much support? But I do think effectively having four centre halves spread across the back (with Forsyth and Wisdom), bringing in Huddlestone and the return of Martin will make us massively more solid a set pieces. Despite the Hughes sale, I'm beginning to feel a little optimism for the new campaign. Maybe the fee was so low because we've a secret buy-back clause if we get promoted? If only...

Archived