Game of Thrones - Season 7

David

Game of Thrones  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, David said:

*SPOILER ALERT*

Game of Thrones is ?

(Not sure why anybody would open a Game of Thrones Thread when you haven't seen the latest episode mind you, like hearing funny noises in your mum and dads bedroom and going to check it out)

Well I forgot that they show it at 2am, and normal people watch it at 9pm on a monday. Should have realised when it was @Alex W posting that he isn't normal :p

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Still unsure how he knew the ships were coming, Frustrated me that.

I think it was the Lannister who let him know or the Old Woman. Not the best with the names as you can tell xD.

King's Landing, where Euron was in last week's episode, is close to Dragonstone where Daenerys was holding her council. He was going to Dorne as per his promise last week for a present for Cersei.

It was common knowledge that Daenerys was at Dragonstone now and that Dorne and the old woman (Ollena Tyrell) were joining her crusade. As such it was only a matter of time before they  would have to sail between the 2.

Also worth remembering that Euron and the Iron Islands are basically pirates and would have attacked all the ships that were passing through there, just for s**** and giggles.

Tyrion Lannister would not have helped his sister as she wants to kill him as she still thinks that he killed her son Joffrey, killed their dad and blames him for killing their mother during child birth.

Ollena Tyrell certainly won't be helping her as Cersei as Cersei killed her grandchildren (Margaery and Loras) and her son, Mace Tyrell, in the last season when she blew up the Great Sept.

8 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Still unsure how he knew the ships were coming, Frustrated me that.

I think it was the Lannister who let him know or the Old Woman. Not the best with the names as you can tell xD.

It hasn't really been explored in the show but

*Book spoilers*

in the books Euron isn't just this crazy pirate, he's got mages and can use magic. I think they've hinted at this in the show - here were those massive balls of fire coming from in the battle? Their trajectory was too low to be catapults. 

"I am the storm" - can shroud his ships in fog/alter the weather. 

In the books, he went into the ruins of Valeria and was the only one to come out alive. There's a lot more to him than meets the eye, and I hope that the show explores it.

Geography in the show has gone out of the window this season.

Danaerys and her fleet obviously travelled through the southern waters from the east and passed King's Landing to reach Dragonstone along with the Greyjoys and the utterly boring Sand Snakes.

So why on earth would they devise battle plans in Dragonstone and send the fleet south again, past King's Landing again, and towards Dorne where they intend to attack King's Landing from the south?

Surely the Greyjoys should have just met with the Sand Snakes in Dorne from the beginning, thus avoiding the possibility of running in to Euron in the first place. Makes no sense.

The other illogical part of Season 7 is why nobody from Castle Black has sent a raven to Winterfell to tell Jon that Bran is now at the wall. He's received ravens from Dragonstone and the Citidel, places much further away than the wall.

I'm only interested in the war with the dead. After Jeoffrey died the whole King's Landing polital storyline went to pot. Since then the only interesting parts were the north with Ramsay and Jon/castle black and Bran's storyline.

Dany's storyline from day one has been boring and they've spent far too much time dallying with some characters. Arya's storyline in Bravos was utterly stupid and they spent far too much time in season 6 showing that rubbish.

I thought the Sandsnakes were more intriguing in the books too. Apparently they were due to have a bigger part but they just wrote them out. I'm struggling to remember the books but I'm guessing SPOILERS young Griff, who'd surely be the Targaryen in line for the throne before Daenerys isn't going to feature at all.

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The other illogical part of Season 7 is why nobody from Castle Black has sent a raven to Winterfell to tell Jon that Bran is now at the wall. He's received ravens from Dragonstone and the Citidel, places much further away...

I was wondering the same thing too. They are really keeping us hanging on for the Stark kids reunion.

Who do people think will win? 

I think Daenerys will win, and Jon and Tyrion will ride the other dragons. I also think Jaime will kill Cersei in the same way he killed the mad king. Then he'll get upset and have emotional intercourse with her corpse. Then Brienne will chop his other hand off to put a stop to that.

Presumably anyone should feel free to write what they like in here in terms of plot goings on? And if people aren't watching the initial transmission but instead are doing the Monday night thing, they should avoid the thread if they don't want spoilers?

@rynny @PodgeyRam Thanks for the replies makes sense now. That's a great insight into the Books would be awesome for them to explore that. I want to like him but I want the good guys to win!

Any reason I said the Lannister was because a fan picked up on that a few Seasons ago he said the exact same saying to the Queen about the best way to a Woman's Heart is through a Gift or something along them lines.

Haven't stayed up this time to watch it. Will watch it tonight can't wait. Like Carl said though I should avoid this Thread lol.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:39, StringerBell said:

I thought the Sandsnakes were more intriguing in the books too. Apparently they were due to have a bigger part but they just wrote them out. I'm struggling to remember the books but I'm guessing SPOILERS young Griff, who'd surely be the Targaryen in line for the throne before Daenerys isn't going to feature at all.

Quite a few characters from the books haven't featured at all, such as Lady Stoneheart.

The Dorne storyline was terrible in the show, and it was a shame as Areo Hotah was a badass in the books with his axe yet he was killed off in the show without a fight.

None of that made sense. To avenge Oberyn's death they decided to kill his brother and nephew's soon-to-be wife. Erm, what?

Back up to date though and season 7 is just starting to warm up. They've clearly skipped over the Casterly Rock and High Garden battle scenes to focus more time and budget on the battle at Eastwatch and with the dragons. Good choice!

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

I hear someone's nicked next week's episode?! Lol. 

I found a page where all the Episodes are leaked on giving an insight into what's happening. Couldn't help myself and now I feel dirty lol.

HBO are crying about it but all the Episodes were leaked Months ago (Which I only found out last night).

2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

I found a page where all the Episodes are leaked on giving an insight into what's happening. Couldn't help myself and now I feel dirty lol.

HBO are crying about it but all the Episodes were leaked Months ago (Which I only found out last night).

It doesn't bother me knowing, so I've just read the spoilers. 

Archived