Game of Thrones - Season 7

David

Game of Thrones  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Really enjoyed that battle. Started off looking like a bit of naff cgi where Jon snow was facing the Bolton charge but the scenes of confusion and carnage were well staged.

The piles of bodies and slaughter as it went on showed how I imagine medieval battles would have looked.

Wasn't sure where littlefingers knights appeared from with what seemed like 24h notice. They must have been round the next hill but everyone seemed surprised to see them :whistle:

Ironically, the horses charging towards Jon were about the only non-cgi bit of it. They just specifically talked about that on the thronecast programme. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started watching it, the first season was pretty good imo.

I got increasingly bored of later seasons as I found it to get to convoluted with minor characters I cared little about and started to rely increasingly on magic, witchcraft and dragons rather than actual plot with substance.

I watched the last season cos my missus made me (she's a big fan) but I've put my foot down this time lol. 

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

I started watching it, the first season was pretty good imo.

I got increasingly bored of later seasons as I found it to get to convoluted with minor characters I cared little about and started to rely increasingly on magic, witchcraft and dragons rather than actual plot with substance.

I watched the last season cos my missus made me (she's a big fan) but I've put my foot down this time lol. 

Translation: after the first season there was less sean bean, and less boobs. So I lost interest. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Translation: after the first season there was less sean bean, and less boobs. So I lost interest. 

Nah... Sean Bean is a great actor and the twist at the end of season one was amazing.  

I lost interest not through lack of boobs, if anything there were more in following seasons, but cos it got increasingly weird.  I'm not really into fantasy stuff, people being resurrected and witches giving birth to ghosts that then float through an entire army to kill someone just isn't my thing.  Season 1 had virtually none of that and much more political maneuvering etc.

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

I love it, but prefered to read the books before watching the series. 

I initially refused to watch the series before I read the books, but as Season Six was released without any hint of the sixth book being published, as well as the fact that the stories are now going in completely different directions, I decided to give in and start watching. I haven't regretted it.

17 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I initially refused to watch the series before I read the books, but as Season Six was released without any hint of the sixth book being published, as well as the fact that the stories are now going in completely different directions, I decided to give in and start watching. I haven't regretted it.

Yes, same here. I'm intrigued to know what he's going to do with the books now though; whether it will follow the tv version more closely or plough a different course. Presumably he's had a fair bit of input into the series so there won't be a complete divergence. 

Normally I'm not a telly watcher at all and I've only seen GoT because friends have bought the DVDs. The last series I remember being this into was Granada's version of Brideshead in about 1980.

29 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Is that the one with susannah harker in it who has a father figure fixation with the guy scheming to be pm?

That's the one! First season! Best one! 

Anybody else wishing Danaerys dead already? My God she's dull, she's even infecting Varys and Tyrion with her uninteresting personality.

All hail the true King of the Iron Islands, he's great. (Knew that'd have to be the swing back from Team Danaerys in terms of power, she was far too OP to be going through the season with all those allies)

Also serious points for offing the sand snakes, they were awful. 

6 hours ago, Alex W said:

Anybody else wishing Danaerys dead already? My God she's dull, she's even infecting Varys and Tyrion with her uninteresting personality.

All hail the true King of the Iron Islands, he's great. (Knew that'd have to be the swing back from Team Danaerys in terms of power, she was far too OP to be going through the season with all those allies)

Anybody?

6 hours ago, Alex W said:

Thanks, does that mean I don't have to watch it tonight? :angry: Spoiler Alert!!

*SPOILER ALERT*

Game of Thrones is ?

(Not sure why anybody would open a Game of Thrones Thread when you haven't seen the latest episode mind you, like hearing funny noises in your mum and dads bedroom and going to check it out)

Archived