Game of Thrones - Season 7

David

Game of Thrones  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, StringerBell said:

So says someone from another house who just had him murdered.

I don't think I'd want to be the Lord of the Eyrie if my guards are that fickle they'll just let me get my throat cut because a rival faction wanted me dead.

And didnt he eat at Winterfell? Doesn't that make the Starks as bad as the Freys? They're just making this s**** up as they go along, lore be damned.

I can't wait for the proper ending in the books.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I've resigned myself to the fact that they're not going to be finished.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/1/2017 at 20:16, StringerBell said:

Not for me. If they wouldn't defend him they shouldn't follow him at all. Honour should be a hugely important factor in a medieval inspired setting. I don't think those men would think the seven gods would look favourably on what the cloak and daggers thing that they did. And I don't see  Baelish putting himself in such a situation if that was the case anyway. And that all this was delivered to us through that contrived fake Sansa vs Arya story that didn't even make any sense. Yes Arya, by using your new Sherlock Holmes powers you now know Sansa wrote a letter under duress. No one cares.

Ah yes Bran, the human embodiment of a wiki of ice and fire. The deus ex machina that can help lazy writers to conveniently wrap up any plot ?

I'm pretty sure the point of the whole show is that honour only takes most people so far and that as soon as the opportunity arises, they'll stick the knife into people they feel have wronged them. Makes complete sense as far as human nature and what the show has told us. Be kind to people while you're on your way up, else they'll stick the foot in while you're on your way down (if you're lucky).

44 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm pretty sure the point of the whole show is that honour only takes most people so far and that as soon as the opportunity arises, they'll stick the knife into people they feel have wronged them. Makes complete sense as far as human nature and what the show has told us. Be kind to people while you're on your way up, else they'll stick the foot in while you're on your way down (if you're lucky).

That is a theme of the show.

But these aren't sellswords not are they plotting to get power. They're the Knights of the Vale. How do the Knights of the Vale know Littlefinger did anything besides the current head of a rival faction and her invalid google brother saying so?

Harrold Hardyng has been cut from the show, they have no loyalty to House Stark, there was not even a call for trial, so there is no reason for the Knights of the Vale to allow this to happen nor for the Starks being so arrogant as to presume that it could.

The Starks and House Arryn are now as dishonourable as the Freys but we're to look past that just because it suits the plot (the  Hollywood un-GOT like plot).

18 hours ago, StringerBell said:

That is a theme of the show.

But these aren't sellswords not are they plotting to get power. They're the Knights of the Vale. How do the Knights of the Vale know Littlefinger did anything besides the current head of a rival faction and her invalid google brother saying so?

Harrold Hardyng has been cut from the show, they have no loyalty to House Stark, there was not even a call for trial, so there is no reason for the Knights of the Vale to allow this to happen nor for the Starks being so arrogant as to presume that it could.

The Starks and House Arryn are now as dishonourable as the Freys but we're to look past that just because it suits the plot (the  Hollywood un-GOT like plot).

Totally agree.

The whole GOT thing is missing talking trees. Would have given more plot balance. And don't get me started on Mr Tumnus.

30 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Totally agree.

The whole GOT thing is missing talking trees. Would have given more plot balance. And don't get me started on Mr Tumnus.

Ah is that why you're doing that? 

Yes GOT has always been set apart from other fantasies. George RR Martin isnt keen on the black and white morality and lack of consequences in LOTR. 

Then series 7 happened.

On 04/09/2017 at 11:50, StringerBell said:

Ah is that why you're doing that? 

Yes GOT has always been set apart from other fantasies. George RR Martin isnt keen on the black and white morality and lack of consequences in LOTR. 

Then series 7 happened.

I am not surprised about series 7 being the way it has been. There was so many plot threads in play they had to have a clean up sometime that started closing a lot of them down.

Its interesting that even in GOT the classic plot line 'the young stable lad with the crown shaped birthmark gets to the throne', so beloved of the USA fantasy genre, seems unstoppable.

Best to relax and enjoy the match-ups I imagine will come .... Bran v the Night King ..... the Hound v the Mountain .... dead dragon v alive dragon

1 hour ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

I am not surprised about series 7 being the way it has been. There was so many plot threads in play they had to have a clean up sometime that started closing a lot of them down.

Its interesting that even in GOT the classic plot line 'the young stable lad with the crown shaped birthmark gets to the throne', so beloved of the USA fantasy genre, seems unstoppable.

Best to relax and enjoy the match-ups I imagine will come .... Bran v the Night King ..... the Hound v the Mountain .... dead dragon v alive dragon

They don't have to dumb down though. I just think they're bored of it, why else have so few episodes?

Yeah they gave the dead dragon blue fire too so it will be a bit like a dragon version of a lightsaber fight.

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

They don't have to dumb down though. I just think they're bored of it, why else have so few episodes?

Yeah they gave the dead dragon blue fire too so it will be a bit like a dragon version of a lightsaber fight.

Are you trying to turn me on?

I agree that the whole Sansa vs Arya storyline was nonsensical. I know the show defies logic on numerous occasions, but surely Bran could have told the girls in their first reunion what Littlefinger had been up to.

I understand why the Knights of the Vale would side with house Stark. Lady Arryn was a Stark, Cat was brought up in the Vale and Jon Arryn was like a second father to Ned. History would allow a trial if they believe evidence is strong enough.

The dragon scenes were a big thumbs up for me. I could see past the time travel too, it's obvious days/weeks could pass in a single episode whereas in previous seasons that never seemed the case due to storyline plots.

But some scenes and storylines made little sense in Season 7 and decisions went against some characters' personality.

36 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I agree that the whole Sansa vs Arya storyline was nonsensical. I know the show defies logic on numerous occasions, but surely Bran could have told the girls in their first reunion what Littlefinger had been up to.

I understand why the Knights of the Vale would side with house Stark. Lady Arryn was a Stark, Cat was brought up in the Vale and Jon Arryn was like a second father to Ned. History would allow a trial if they believe evidence is strong enough.

The dragon scenes were a big thumbs up for me. I could see past the time travel too, it's obvious days/weeks could pass in a single episode whereas in previous seasons that never seemed the case due to storyline plots.

But some scenes and storylines made little sense in Season 7 and decisions went against some characters' personality.

Little Finger had it coming from a long way off .... let's face it. Sansa might be the 'Lady of Winterfell' but after what happened in that hall I reckon a lot of Stark/Vale soldiers will have wanted an Arya mug or poster.

Archived