Mohammed Azhuraddin

Eddie Barlow (Captain)

Dominic Cork

Bob Taylor (Wkt)

Srinivasaraghavan Venkataraghavan

Michael Holding

Harold Rhodes

18 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I was born in 1966 so can remember following Derbyshire from around 1974. I would go with:

C Rogers

K Barnett

H Amla

D Jones (Capt)

I Harvey

D Cork

G Miller

B Taylor (W/K)

M Holding

D Malcolm

O Mortensen

Holding, Malcolm, Mortenson that was some pace bowling attack. Remember the one day final agains Hants when we scored a paltry 140 odd in the morning.

Nothing to lose so Malcom and Holding spent the first 8 overs steaming in with what seemed about 9 behind the wicket. Shame it favoured the batsmen so later on, was fun for a few overs though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 12:05, Jimbo Ram said:

I was born in 1966 so can remember following Derbyshire from around 1974. I would go with:

C Rogers

K Barnett

H Amla

D Jones (Capt)

I Harvey

D Cork

G Miller

B Taylor (W/K)

M Holding

D Malcolm

O Mortensen

I faced Devon Malcolm when I was 15 in the nets, he was going off a three pace run up and I still never saw it.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I faced Devon Malcolm when I was 15 in the nets, he was going off a three pace run up and I still never saw it.

I grew up in Cornwall and captained my school cricket team. We got through to a national competition and ended up playing a private school in Devon I think it was. The captain of their team was Gary Palmer, son of the umpire Ken Palmer. He went on and played for Somerset. Watching him bowl on the tv, he seemed  no more than average medium pace. Like you say, when I faced him I literally did not see the ball....

6 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I had the same problem facing Harold Rhodes.

I am of a particular era, mid eighties to early nineties when we were good, so my team is heavily populated with players from that era;

Barnett (capt)

Bowler

Adams

Morris

Azaruddin

Cork

Sutton (w/k)

DeFreitas

Imran Tahir

Mortenson

Malcolm

Really tough to get a spinner though.