Manager Sacking Sweepstake

David

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

No idea what Birmingham need to save their season (aside from a time machine so they can throw some money at Gary Rowett instead of sacking him), but Steve Cotterill must be on under pressure now.

Never understood his appointment to be honest.

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

to be fair, they were saying earlier on Soccer Special that Hughes has protected the chairman. Not once has he ever moaned about lack of investment. The owners have pocketed cash without investing in the team, if they go down, the owners deserve it.

I guess it depends on what you'd classify as a lack of investment. Stoke have spent about £100m on new players over the past two and a half seasons. Is that reasonable for a club looking for midtable PL football?

22 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I guess it depends on what you'd classify as a lack of investment. Stoke have spent about £100m on new players over the past two and a half seasons. Is that reasonable for a club looking for midtable PL football?

£40m per season? That's nothing. Sunderland spent about that in 2007 when they came up with us. 

49 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Net zero this season, £60m over the past 3 seasons. Is that enough for a side wanting to remain a mid table side?

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Net zero this season, £60m over the past 3 seasons. Is that enough for a side wanting to remain a mid table side?

Probably not. Selling Arnautavic and spending the budget on two defenders (and they still concede loads) doesn't look good for Mark Hughes at all. 

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

606 will be fun when Hughes get sacked.

Robbie Savage for two hours ranting that his mate is the best thing ever for stoke and should've been offered the spurs/man city/man u/Chelsea etc jobs becuse he failed to qualify wales with him in the team.

He’s already had a go at one of those jobs. His performance there explains why he’ll never get anything better than Stoke. 

Angel Rangel says 'the Swansea City way is not in place anymore'.

Interesting that seeing as the same manager never bought into the 'Derby County' way.

They desperately need a new manager in before the transfer window opens to give them any hope.

Hughes should go at Stoke as well, but thats based more on the fact that I can't stand the bloke :p

3 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Angel Rangel says 'the Swansea City way is not in place anymore'.

Interesting that seeing as the same manager never bought into the 'Derby County' way.

They desperately need a new manager in before the transfer window opens to give them any hope.

Hughes should go at Stoke as well, but thats based more on the fact that I can't stand the bloke :p

I watched the game last night, and for a ten min spell in the first half all I could hear was Clement shouting "movement" or just player's names. They were very hoofball last night as well.

Archived