Bryson, Butters, Bradders

Bris Vegas

51 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Has anybody changed their mind now that we're a couple of days from the transfer window? Assuming 4-2-3-1 is the way, we currently have a surplus of central midfielders yet none of them seem quite good enough IMO.

All 3 not good enough, but would still stay with First Team - Johnson. Bench - Bryson. Sell - Butterifled. Ideally though we sell two of those, bring in a new CM and bring through Elsnik or Guy on the bench this season, won't happen in this window though. 

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Has anybody changed their mind now that we're a couple of days from the transfer window? Assuming 4-2-3-1 is the way, we currently have a surplus of central midfielders yet none of them seem quite good enough IMO.

If the plan is 4231 and Huddlestone starts then none are a good fit to partner him really and its something that needs addressing.

Bryson could be used in the middle of the three (especially if Martin is playing up top) and if we switch to a 433 he really should play as he is the only midfield capable of breaking forward really. He is also probably the best 'bad' option to pair with Huddlestone.

Butterfield whilst not really fitting into a 4231 (although he could be used as #10 with a mobile striker) does have something of a niche in that he's the guy Rowett turns to if he needs a bit more control in midfield. He's also the only player capable of that linking role if we switch to a 433. 

Johnson, I think is a poor (poor as in not good enough for a top 6 challenge first 11) player who gifts away possesion and isn't particularly mobile either. However he has been an ever present under Rowett and he's probably the least likely to get sold.

So for me itd be 

Start - Bryson

Bench- Butterfield

Sell - Johnson

But I think for Rowett it will be a case of switching Bryson and Johnson around...

21 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Butters and Bryson clearly weren't figuring under these tactics of GR's. 

Best of luck to them. Both quality players. 

Our midfield is much worse off now. 

Shame to see Bryson go.

As for Butterfield, meh. I'm happy with Kieftenbeld in his place. Give it a couple years and I'll probably have forgotten JB even played for Derby.

14 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Butters and Bryson clearly weren't figuring under these tactics of GR's. 

Best of luck to them. Both quality players. 

Our midfield is much worse off now. 

Sorta agree and disagree. It'd become very clear that we were transitioning to a 4231 where neither are really great to partner Huddlestone and so bringing Keith will hopefully give us better balance and bring the best out of Tom.

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Sorta agree and disagree. It'd become very clear that we were transitioning to a 4231 where neither are really great to partner Huddlestone and so bringing Keith will hopefully give us better balance and bring the best out of Tom.

Yeah I hope so. Those two have now departed so I'll get behind the new lads. But I don't feel some of the posts about Butters are very fair. I must have missed the horrific form he's apparently been in. From my point of view he had a superb first season and has since suffered (as did Hughes let us not forget, and others) with the change of manager and system every three months. 

I don't believe he or Bryson had a future here under this manager so fair is fair. It's about Derby. We have to back the man in charge. I hope Keith and Winnall prove inspired additions.

3 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Yeah I hope so. Those two have now departed so I'll get behind the new lads. But I don't feel some of the posts about Butters are very fair. I must have missed the horrific form he's apparently been in. From my point of view he had a superb first season and has since suffered (as did Hughes let us not forget, and others) with the change of manager and system every three months. 

I don't believe he or Bryson had a future here under this manager so fair is fair. It's about Derby. We have to back the man in charge. I hope Keith and Winnall prove inspired additions.

Completely agree. Let's hope Rowetts decisions pay off.

Archived