v Port Vale & Doncaster Match Thread

David

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I still don't understand why they do this. Can anyone explain the reasoning of the manager not seeing what half his team are doing?

Did something similar last season,Chesterfield one night Sheffield Utd the next.

Had Ince ,Martin and Blackman up front v Sheffield Utd,we look much better this year.

10 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I still don't understand why they do this. Can anyone explain the reasoning of the manager not seeing what half his team are doing?

Rowetts reasoning was that as both teams got a full 90 mins playing time then all the squad would be at a similar place in fitness training.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Rowetts reasoning was that as both teams got a full 90 mins playing time then all the squad would be at a similar place in fitness training.

Wouldn't it be better to invite both teams to our massive training facility and play them both at same time where both could be watched? Could also shuffle players about if something wasn't working whilst still getting both teams a ninety minute run out

12 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Wouldn't it be better to invite both teams to our massive training facility and play them both at same time where both could be watched? Could also shuffle players about if something wasn't working whilst still getting both teams a ninety minute run out

Pffft.

That wouldn't make any money. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes,this is what Rowett stated.

So physically all the players should be in the same place.

Mentally though the half that gets sent on "the bus to Burslam" will probably either be thinking that they either,need to get their finger out or, get their coat.

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Yes,this is what Rowett stated.

So physically all the players should be in the same place.

Mentally though the half that gets sent on "the bus to Burslam" will probably either be thinking that they either,need to get their finger out or, get their coat.

Not really, because as he's said previously, first game with a mind to the season properly is against Kaiserslautern.

If he has anything about him, he will truly mix it up, so you can't read a thing into it. Wisdom at one, Huddlestone at the other, for example.

He also said he'll watch the other game as soon as he's home... so if I was him, a short trip to Stoke is better than schlepping to Donny.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Not really, because as he's said previously, first game with a mind to the season properly is against Kaiserslautern.

If he has anything about him, he will truly mix it up, so you can't read a thing into it. Wisdom at one, Huddlestone at the other, for example.

Don't see the reason to wait any longer if he wants to get some out - the sooner they know, hopefully, the sooner they go! Or even he might want to see how they react to be '2nd rate'?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Don't see the reason to wait any longer if he wants to get some out - the sooner they know, hopefully, the sooner they go!

Don't confuse the two, I'm just saying there's no reason to read into it who goes to which game - but that doesn't stop him shipping anyone out, and frankly, I'm sure he already knows who he's willing to sell and Tuesday won't change that.

Just now, Srg said:

Don't confuse the two, I'm just saying there's no reason to read into it who goes to which game - but that doesn't stop him shipping anyone out, and frankly, I'm sure he already knows who he's willing to sell and Tuesday won't change that.

So there is no point in not playing the first team together as soon as possible - the longer they have to get to know each others play the better.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

So there is no point in not playing the first team together as soon as possible - the longer they have to get to know each others play the better.

It would be a necessity if they didn't train every day.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

He also said he'll watch the other game as soon as he's home... so if I was him, a short trip to Stoke is better than schlepping to Donny.

But referring to it as a trip to Stoke

is throwing glitter on it,and Stoke or Doncaster is a toss up.

But Burslam or Doncaster,that's a bit like Derby or Baghdad.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why play preseason games then?

Edit: afterall if it was just down to training Blackman would be playing every game!

Match sharpness more than anything, not quite the same as a training game. But you can build up understanding, shape, pattern of play on the training pitch. We also play 6/7 games for a reason. There's still 3 more for what you're after.

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 18:51, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Will there be a option to pick which game to watch? 

On Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 18:55, rynny said:

No, Colin Gibson said they will show one match live and show goals from the other match when they go in.

4 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

apologies if already asked

are both games on rams tv?

See Rynny post he replied to my question. ?

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Match sharpness more than anything, not quite the same as a training game. But you can build up understanding, shape, pattern of play on the training pitch. We also play 6/7 games for a reason. There's still 3 more for what you're after.

I take your point but I think generally we've had 2 very good halves of football and 2 halves not so good.

Players from the first half at Macclesfield such as Nuge,Wisdom,Butters and Bryson might feel they would have done significantly better in the second half side.

If it's just a fitness/training excerscise I would question it(what do I know).

I do agree with you on the time bit and would expect a near starting 11 v Northampton(please!).

Meant to put it in here... whoops 

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. my two friends and I are on about going to port vale on Tuesday via the coach travel. Both my friends are 16 and I'm 15. However I'm 16 this weekend. On the website it states that anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. I've tried ringing the ticket office but it's closed! Do you reckon if I ring tomorrow they'll make an exception and allow me to go or stick to the rules? 

Archived