Grant Leadbitter

Topram

32 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

Warren Yes he's a great addition I'm sure he will score plenty of goals for us Also he's a good header something we don't really have As for being 5th choise for Wednesday find that hard to believe they are hardly a free scoring team As for Butters I'm one of the few who rate him slated by fans for sideways or backward passes don't fans realise he was playing to orders he never played like that when he first came Chris Powell and McLaren new how to play him 

Re: Butters ... It wasn't just his passing it was his defensive frailty, and his utter lack of energy - manifested in his inability to move quickly to get open. He was mostly a very static midfielder. I'm sure Rowett looked at the numbers in terms of yards covered in a game - must have been less than inspiring for a midfielder. That was the irony in him saying we got passed off the park by Wednesday - when he didn't help much in that regard. Because teams that don't move off the ball don't pass well. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, cheron85 said:

That's an unfair assessment - Just because he doesn't think we have a forward in the u23s capable of challenging for a place in the first team doesn't mean he has no faith in them - He's featured quite a few in pre-season and cup ties

I feel like most of our u23s at the moment are 18-19 too - You would only expect an exceptional 19 year old to be breaking through - Otherwise they're still 'for the future' - Rowett will be working with Wass to get them to play a certain way and think a certain way looking to progressing them gradually when they're ready

Bennett had a great pre-season and has since dropped into obscurity. Would have expected him to have been used more as an impact sub.

37 minutes ago, Rample said:

Bennett had a great pre-season and has since dropped into obscurity. Would have expected him to have been used more as an impact sub.

He started 'both' of the cup games so far - And was on the bench for the first couple of games of the season - I expect he's forced his way ahead of Anya in the pecking order - But in truth that still leaves him behind Lawrence, Russell and Weimann - I'd expect him to come in if we get injuries

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

He started 'both' of the cup games so far - And was on the bench for the first couple of games of the season - I expect he's forced his way ahead of Anya in the pecking order - But in truth that still leaves him behind Lawrence, Russell and Weimann - I'd expect him to come in if we get injuries

There's the problem. Ideally we need improvements on these two. 

15 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

There's the problem. Ideally we need improvements on these two. 

Ideally we need improvements on every single player in the squad - If our ambition is to be Premier League champions :)

On a less facetious note - Neither of those players are out of place in a side pushing for promotion in this league - If Rowett gets the system right and manages to get the team working more cohesively on a consistent basis both will be an asset this season - We've seen glimpses of the team gelling so far; just need them to be able to do it for longer than 10 mins a game

11 hours ago, Ninos said:

Re: Butters ... It wasn't just his passing it was his defensive frailty, and his utter lack of energy - manifested in his inability to move quickly to get open. He was mostly a very static midfielder. I'm sure Rowett looked at the numbers in terms of yards covered in a game - must have been less than inspiring for a midfielder. That was the irony in him saying we got passed off the park by Wednesday - when he didn't help much in that regard. Because teams that don't move off the ball don't pass well. 

Bet he does well at the Wendies 

Archived