Matty James

Derbylad01

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, David said:

Saw you lot say that about Pearson, could wait to get rid of him here

That says more about your group than it does him perhaps, their attitude is why you continue to flatter to deceive? Serious point and not intended as a windup. He was adored by players and staff alike behind the scenes here.

Just now, babylon said:

That says more about your group than it does him perhaps, their attitude is why you continue to flatter to deceive? Serious point and not intended as a windup. He was adored by players and staff alike behind the scenes here.

Loaning out our top striker to a top 6 rival? Says more about him. He's a complete tosspot. 

1 minute ago, babylon said:

I also compared him to our promotion season when you were third I think and he was still better on most things. Think it was tackles and passing percentage Hughes shaded. James far better on duels, aerial duels and interceptions defensively.

Does it compare the enigma factor? Hughes has that in spades :)

I'd be happy to see James as a Derby player as I've always rated him - But I'm not going to be convinced he's better than Hughes

Just now, babylon said:

For what it's worth, I think Pearson in the back of his mind had the right intentions that a rebuild was needed but he made a complete bodge up of it. He should have started to do his business a lot earlier like Rowett is doing rather than panicking right at the end of August.

12 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Always got that impression from my mates, remember a few saying he was your best player when you won the league. Sounding more and more from you lot coming on here that he isn't for sale at all. 

Arent you lot looking to bring in some proper players though? If you're getting however much for Mahrez and obviously have a ton of money lying around from a couple of years of PL and CL, aren't your ambitions higher than Matty James in midfield?

Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

Eventually, but I think we're taking a step back to move forward again. I believe the owners just want a solid season and Shakespeare is going to use people he trusts. Second he came back in the new signings barely got a look in. Ulloa getting a new contract. He's going to give James every chance to prove himself as I really think he can be a solid mid table premier league CM.

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We've seen Ince and Hughes leave for better options for their career

If James feels he's not going to get much game time next year he may want to drop down to us for the same reason - It's nice having those guys in the squad but it's not good for their career unless they're starting games

I just don't see him leaving this window. I think he'll want to push himself, fight for a place with us in the Prem and if it becomes clear that it isn't going to happen then he might move on.

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Would much rather TH for 2 million but I think with this link could show we've maybe ended interest in TH

We won't know for sure though. Still want Hudds here hopefully he'll join us over Prem sides so will see. 

2 minutes ago, babylon said:

Pearson deserved sacking on simply the tactical decisions he made, his transfer activity and the money he spent on players last minute.

Regardless of any disputes over personality, attitude or character, that would have been forgivable if he hadn't made the wrong decision at every single possible opportunity.

1 minute ago, Foxes Fan said:

I just don't see him leaving this window. I think he'll want to push himself, fight for a place with us in the Prem and if it becomes clear that it isn't going to happen then he might move on.

I think he'll miss not playing Burton away, the lure of a trip to the Pirelli could be enough to seal the deal.

4 minutes ago, babylon said:

I think it was like Brian Clough @ Leeds - Too arrogant to try and adapt his ways

Except obviously our Brian had talent - And intelligence - And humour - And personality - And wasn't a psychotic, squirrel-brained, under-intelligent, probably-needs-locking-up-somewhere, genuinely attacks players on the sidelines ape

Just now, Foxes Fan said:

Fair enough - We'll see :)

3 minutes ago, babylon said:

Eventually, but I think we're taking a step back to move forward again. I believe the owners just want a solid season and Shakespeare is going to use people he trusts. Second he came back in the new signings barely got a look in. Ulloa getting a new contract. He's going to give James every chance to prove himself as I really think he can be a solid mid table premier league CM.

Fair enough, hope that works out for you but I'd be very disappointed if I was a Leicester fan.

I remember saying sacking Ranieri was the right decision and a move away from beings club like Forest clinging onto the past, except your past would be 15/16 instead of 1980. But now it seems you're moving back to 14/15, which seems odd to me. You have the reputation now to move past being a solid mid-table side with Matty James in the middle, you showed that by signing a player like Slimani. May as well rehire Pearson imo.

But what do I know, I'm practically a disciple of Steve McClaren ffs

10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Does it compare the enigma factor? Hughes has that in spades :)

I'd be happy to see James as a Derby player as I've always rated him - But I'm not going to be convinced he's better than Hughes

I've obviously not seen enough of Hughes to compare. But James I always thought was our most important player, if he wasn't in the middle we struggled massively. I would wager our win percentages with and without showed the same.

Under appreciated by a few Leicester fans as he's not one to be lashing them in from 30 yards or trying hollywood passes. He's just a very classy player, uses the ball very well. Big unit and strong, good tackler and good at breaking forward.

Just a couple of comments by Barnsley fans from last season. Keep in mind this is a bloke who hadn't played for 18 months when he went there.  Plenty more like this on their boards.

"Agreed. Absolute class above most we've seen in this league all season."

"Graceful and beautiful to watch. Poetry in motion. Makes the very difficult look very easy and effortless. Thanks Matty."

"Natural born footballer. Different physique, bit the way he moves around the pitch, and goes past players, James reminds me a lot of Peter Beardsley."

"He's played like a player who wanted to be at this club. We managed to get the luxury of a Premier League player at a midtable Championship level. He's been a class apart in every game."

"James has been the classiest player we have had for absolute ages."

"Matty James is sheer class and it has been a pleasure to see him play"

38 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Really though because you have Drinkwater, Ndidi, Iborra, Amartey and King ahead of James in the pecking order.

James is much better than King & Amartey will be used as RB cover or be loaned out. James will be competing with Iborra for third choice. Both of them have the potential to take Drinkwater & Ndidi's spot though.

3 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Fair enough, hope that works out for you but I'd be very disappointed if I was a Leicester fan.

I remember saying sacking Ranieri was the right decision and a move away from beings club like Forest clinging onto the past, except your past would be 15/16 instead of 1980. But now it seems you're moving back to 14/15, which seems odd to me. You have the reputation now to move past being a solid mid-table side with Matty James in the middle, you showed that by signing a player like Slimani. May as well rehire Pearson imo.

We're absolutely trying to get better still. Iborra, £40m for Sigurdsson (don't get me started on that), Iheanacho. James is just one of them that could make the step up, just as Drinkwater and Vardy did to being good premier league players.

A year left on his contract means he needs to either sign a new one with Leicester or move clubs. Worst thing he could do Is spend the next season sitting on their bench. If he's in the first team plans with some guaranteed football then fair enough but if not he should look to move on for his own career.

1 minute ago, Leicester Ram said:

The thing is we didn't really win the league with a player like Slimani, he's obviously talented but he seems to have an attitude and rarely seems to give 100%. We won it with players like Matty James (not literally, the poor bugger) players who are willing to work for the team and create a positive atmosphere around the club which allowed us to be much greater than the sum of our parts. 

2 minutes ago, babylon said:

We're absolutely trying to get better still. Iborra, £40m for Sigurdsson (don't get me started on that), Iheanacho. James is just one of them that could make the step up, just as Drinkwater and Vardy did to being good premier league players.

s**t, yeah, I forgot you signed Iborra and obviously Iheanacho is very promising. I thought Everton were favourites for Sigurdsson though?

3 minutes ago, babylon said:

I've obviously not seen enough of Hughes to compare. But James I always thought was our most important player, if he wasn't in the middle we struggled massively. I would wager our win percentages with and without showed the same.

Under appreciated by a few Leicester fans as he's not one to be lashing them in from 30 yards or trying hollywood passes. He's just a very classy player, uses the ball very well. Big unit and strong, good tackler and good at breaking forward.

Just a couple of comments by Barnsley fans from last season. Keep in mind this is a bloke who hadn't played for 18 months when he went there.  Plenty more like this on their boards.

The people of Barnsley are a simple folk :)

As I say - I've always thought James looked a good player and would love to have him added to our current squad - But I've always thought he was a "brilliant basics" kind of player - Every side needs them and it's what we're sorely missing - That's why we've brought in Wisdom and Davies as well

Archived