Matty James

Derbylad01

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Would be a very good signing. Right age too, hopefully he sees himself moving on from Leicester.

Agreed. He is exactly the sort of player we've talked about a couple times for what we need in the midfield.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

If Matty is at a similar level to before the injury he'll definitely be above King in the pecking order. Amartey can play at centre or right-back. We may also change system and end up with three in the centre this season.  

It's a gamble though, Thorne and Hughes for us didn't look the same players after their acl injuries. Even Forsyth for us, one of the most athletic players in the championship, was more hesitant during his short spell under Pearson, before unfortunately doing his acl again.

James also had an Acl, please correct me if I'm wrong. I guess that's what pre season if for but can't see him getting to the levels he was before but he'd still be more than good enough for our level. 

Just now, Foxes Fan said:

Also worth pointing out that he's really well liked and not one that most fans or indeed players and staff (I assume) would like to see leaving the club.

Saw you lot say that about Pearson, could wait to get rid of him here

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies    Forsyth

Thorne    James

Jota           Nugent          Lawrence

Martin

You might as well give us the league now

Just three slight problems with that potential line-up!?

1 minute ago, Foxes Fan said:

Also worth pointing out that he's really well liked and not one that most fans or indeed players and staff (I assume) would like to see leaving the club.

Wouldn't the same have been said about Nugent?

1 minute ago, Foxes Fan said:

Always got that impression from my mates, remember a few saying he was your best player when you won the league. Sounding more and more from you lot coming on here that he isn't for sale at all. 

Arent you lot looking to bring in some proper players though? If you're getting however much for Mahrez and obviously have a ton of money lying around from a couple of years of PL and CL, aren't your ambitions higher than Matty James in midfield?

Guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

Begs the question why you loaned him out, then?

Just now, McLovin said:

A man can dream, its better than the reality where we will end up with David Cotterill!

Don't you think we'd just stick with what we already have before that happens?

Russell, Weimann, Anya, Bennett and Blackman > Cotterill

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Begs the question why you loaned him out, then?

He was recovering from doing his acl, loaning him out to Barnsley was a really good move as he needed to start matches regularly which wouldn't have happened in the Prem.

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Never said it did I? 

Then why did you say Huddlestone would be a better option then? Understandable if you think that Huddlestone is a better player but strange if you want him over James just because of James' injury, despite the fact that Huddlestone has missed over a year's worth of action with knee problems in his career.

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Don't you think we'd just stick with what we already have before that happens?

Russell, Weimann, Anya, Bennett and Blackman > Cotterill

You'd have thought so but after Hughes and Ince's departures I just don't know anymore!

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Wouldn't the same have been said about Nugent?

I think Nugent leaving was more or less his own decision. I remember him saying in an interview that when he didn't even make the bench in Ranieri's first game in charge he knew it was time for a change. I've said it before, but it is a shame that Nuge missed out on the reward for all his hard work and some brilliant performances over the years for Leicester. 

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hughes last season wasn't up to Hughes' actual level so not really a fair comparison

However it does look like Hughes' defensive stats every year are better than James...

I also compared him to our promotion season when you were third I think and he was still better on most things. Think it was tackles and passing percentage Hughes shaded. James far better on duels, aerial duels and interceptions defensively.

Just now, Foxes Fan said:

I think Nugent leaving was more or less his own decision. I remember him saying in an interview that when he didn't even make the bench in Ranieri's first game in charge he knew it was time for a change. I've said it before, but it is a shame that Nuge missed out on the reward for all his hard work and some brilliant performances over the years for Leicester. 

We've seen Ince and Hughes leave for better options for their career

If James feels he's not going to get much game time next year he may want to drop down to us for the same reason - It's nice having those guys in the squad but it's not good for their career unless they're starting games

Archived