Matty James

Derbylad01

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Are there any other central midfielders we could get with a limited number of functioning knee ligaments?

Are we just buying up half-beaten knees so we have a spare set of ligaments for Thorne?

£4m for spares is a bit dear.

7 minutes ago, FoxInPeace said:

Don't see this one happening.

Shakespeare is a big fan of Matty James & he should be pushing for the first team this year along with Iborra.

Really though because you have Drinkwater, Ndidi, Iborra, Amartey and King ahead of James in the pecking order.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I do think I prefer Matty James over Huddlestone tbh. But then again I don't know much about how he played at Barnsley last year.

He got rave reviews when I was following how he was doing.

Can any Leicester fan or anyone tell me what sort of midfielder he is? Box to box? Defensive? 

Some websites saying one and some the other? 

Some are saying he is a good passer and good at set pieces, if true I would be happy with him as think we lack both. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Really though because you have Drinkwater, Ndidi, Iborra, Amartey and King ahead of James in the pecking order.

James back to fitness and his best is instantly above King and Amartey for starters. And would give Drinkwater a run for his money. You might be better going for a loan on Amartey, I think he's got potential, just very raw and needs game time.

1 minute ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Can any Leicester fan or anyone tell me what sort of midfielder he is? Box to box? Defensive? 

Some websites saying one and some the other? 

Some are saying he is a good passer and good at set pieces, if true I would be happy with him as think we lack both. 

Box to box, got everything except shooting. When fit his stats out do most of our other CM players in terms of defence and creativity.

I mentioned Matty James in the suggestion thread a while back. Just the kind of ball-winning, defensive midfielder we need and could see him balance nicely next to Thorne. 

Must admit though, I had warmed to the idea of having Huddlestone back. Can't see us brining in both.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If Matty is at a similar level to before the injury he'll definitely be above King in the pecking order. Amartey can play at centre or right-back. We may also change system and end up with three in the centre this season.  

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Always rated him, but again it's another player with injury problems! 

That's why I think Huddlestone is best option IMO. 

1 minute ago, babylon said:

Hughes last season wasn't up to Hughes' actual level so not really a fair comparison

However it does look like Hughes' defensive stats every year are better than James...

Archived