Matty James

Derbylad01

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4693262/Derby-County-make-4m-bid-bring-Matty-James.html

Derby County are making a £4million bid to sign Leicester City midfielder Matty James.

The 25-year-old has got one year left on contract at Leicester and they are willing to offer him a new contract.

James, who started out at Manchester United, has battled back from a knee ligament injury and made his first team comeback in Leicester's 4-2 Premier League win over Manchester City in December before going out on loan to Championship Barnsley.

He impressed at Oakwell making 18 appearances and scoring one goal - against Derby - and now Gary Rowett is keen to bring him in to boost their promotion chances.

Derby have also spoken about a £2million move for 30-year-old Hull City midfielder Tom Huddlestone though he is continuing to attract interest from Premier League sides Newcastle United and West Brom too.

Derby County are making a £4million bid to sign Leicester City midfielder Matty James.

The 25-year-old has got one year left on contract at Leicester and they are willing to offer him a new contract.

James, who started out at Manchester United, has battled back from a knee ligament injury and made his first team comeback in Leicester's 4-2 Premier League win over Manchester City in December before going out on loan to Championship Barnsley.

He impressed at Oakwell making 18 appearances and scoring one goal - against Derby - and now Gary Rowett is keen to bring him in to boost their promotion chances.

Derby have also spoken about a £2million move for 30-year-old Hull City midfielder Tom Huddlestone though he is continuing to attract interest from Premier League sides Newcastle United and West Brom too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4693262/Derby-County-make-4m-bid-bring-Matty-James.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

As it stands you've got absolutely no chance of getting him unless he wants to leave. By all accounts he's happy though and wants to fight for his place.

In our promotion season he was one of our best and most important players, he kept Drinkwater out of the team in the first premier league season until his injury. If he manages to prove himself again he could find him starting quite easily. If he gets close to his previous levels in the current market he's a £10-£15m player any day of the week.

I do think I prefer Matty James over Huddlestone tbh. But then again I don't know much about how he played at Barnsley last year.

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Are there any other central midfielders we could get with a limited number of functioning knee ligaments?

Are we just buying up half-beaten knees so we have a spare set of ligaments for Thorne?

A bit harsh but I did think that myself .

Archived