RIP Windows Phone

David

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

The best phones were Palm  -WebOS was a great operating system, but they sold it to HP who just made a mess of it and that left the road clear for Android to be the only alternative to Apple. Funnily enough the latest versions of Android have slowly morphed into looking much like WebOS did 4+ years ago

Been a 2 horse race for a while now which is quite sad as the more horses you have, better the race.

For all the Android v Apple fanboyism both are pretty similar devices and cover everything you want from a phone today.

Both are slowly innovating but almost feels like they are dragging their heels releasing things as there is no competition as such to eat into their profit margins.

Nokia's decision to bring back a classic with a new design was always going to fail, we really need a new horse in the race now to kick these to up the arse.

If a new company can come along and solve the battery issue they could do very well, both Android and Apple show off these fancy features each year yet left on your phone will only survive till dinner. 

Pathetic

5 minutes ago, David said:

Been a 2 horse race for a while now which is quite sad as the more horses you have, better the race.

For all the Android v Apple fanboyism both are pretty similar devices and cover everything you want from a phone today.

Both are slowly innovating but almost feels like they are dragging their heels releasing things as there is no competition as such to eat into their profit margins.

Nokia's decision to bring back a classic with a new design was always going to fail, we really need a new horse in the race now to kick these to up the arse.

If a new company can come along and solve the battery issue they could do very well, both Android and Apple show off these fancy features each year yet left on your phone will only survive till dinner. 

Pathetic

Shame HTC couldn't follow up their M8

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Shame HTC couldn't follow up their M8

It's not just hardware but software as well, I believe there is a middle ground to be had between Android and iOS that could be the sweet spot.

Blackberry went to professional, Windows went too dog poo.

Although in fairness to Blackberry that was the audience they were after, it's just Apple and Android both could offer the same and were left for dust 

15 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Just gonna put this out there, some of you might find it a little disturbing or weird but.. I don't even have a moblie phone.

As for apple, they are for eating or putting in pies :p

What do you do whilst sat on the toilet? ?

The only good thing is I might get rid of this crappy windows phone work gave me, that has a rubbish App Store with limited games to play whilst at work. 

Hopefully will get an iPhone back again. Another waste of tax payers money!! And there goes next years bonus whilst the company has to buy 20000 new phones to replace the 20000 windows phones they changed over to last year ffs

8 hours ago, David said:

Pathetic

TBF it's not technically NOKIA, the name was bought by another firm to use.  They remade the 3310 to generate some publicity.  Saw some fuzzy screenshots of their upcoming Android based phone and they're really pushing the boat out, the screen appears to be bezel free for starters.  But at the end of the day, it's still Android, so it'll be amazing...

7 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Windows phones have been terrible from the off. As an aside but related to absolutely terrible phones a mate of mine working in the public sector got given a Blackberry as his work phone today. 

That's just downright cruel

4 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

The only good thing is I might get rid of this crappy windows phone work gave me, that has a rubbish App Store with limited games to play whilst at work. 

Hopefully will get an iPhone back again. Another waste of tax payers money!! And there goes next years bonus whilst the company has to buy 20000 new phones to replace the 20000 windows phones they changed over to last year ffs

Mrs Wolfie has just got a Windows work (public sector) phone last week, after struggling with the same basic Blackberry for 5 years. She hates it.....

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

That's just downright cruel

Mrs Wolfie has just got a Windows work (public sector) phone last week, after struggling with the same basic Blackberry for 5 years. She hates it.....

I hate mine too. Crap for everything a part from one thing it does better then the iPhone, it has an FM radio so I can listen to the match even though it is those two whinge bags

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I hate mine too. Crap for everything a part from one thing it does better then the iPhone, it has an FM radio so I can listen to the match even though it is those two whinge bags

get hold of a Sony Xperia compact, they are android and have FM radio, really good phone. I couldn't fault mine.

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

get hold of a Sony Xperia compact, they are android and have FM radio, really good phone. I couldn't fault mine.

My work phones Windows mate, listening to radio Derby on match day is about all its good for. I have an iPhone myself, wouldn't have anything else

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

TBF it's not technically NOKIA, the name was bought by another firm to use.  They remade the 3310 to generate some publicity.  Saw some fuzzy screenshots of their upcoming Android based phone and they're really pushing the boat out, the screen appears to be bezel free for starters.  But at the end of the day, it's still Android, so it'll be amazing...

You sneaky bounder!!!

Archived