Sky Sports Changes

Day

They are doing away with Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 etc. From July 18th and dedicating 1 channel to each sport, although the PL will have it's own channels

Sky Premier League

Sky Football

Sky Cricket

Sky F1

Sky Golf

Sky Arena 

Sky Action

10 channels in total which you purchase individually, 1 channel £18pm, 2 channels £22pm, 3 channels £26pm. Be no increase in price for the first 12 months, £27.50 for the lot. After that time to raid the piggy bank if you enjoy lots of Sports.

http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports/new-sky-sports/?DCMP=knc-GOOGLE-nc-DTH-sky+sports+changes&gclid=CMauh47x_tQCFU8o0wodsOQKKA

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

The cynic in me says this will cost those who love a range of sports a fortune in 12 months time. The bullet on the main event channel made me think this 'A new Main Event channel dedicated to the biggest live events from across our channels - available to customers with the full range of Sky Sports channels', so that reads to me that although there might be a Sky Premier League channel, when its Man United vs Man City that could well go on the main event channel and to see that you have to have them all.

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, Srg said:

Probably still do what they do now, where if you want them in HD you have to have absolutely everything else. No point getting them in SD, as it's blurry as s**t.

Yeah agree, i cancelled my Sky a few months ago, they did me a deal to get it back free for 3 months but it was SD, it was awful quality.

Yeah if you're a sports fan expect to get hammered in the pocket, where as if you're just a football fan there's a saving to be had and you don't have to switch on and find a bunch of men rubbing balls in their crotches.

The HD thing is just nuts now, especially when we're moving on to 4K, surprised they don't try and charge you for colour as well whilst they are at it.

Got rid of Sky box completely the other month, can't say I've missed it, with Now TV I'll just pick and choose when I want the football with a day or week pass.

Have just realised Sky Sports News will be sorely missed on Tuesday games, on Saturday it's on Sky 1 which we have with our pass

Sith Happens

Sky Sports News will be a miss for me when the season gets going. I switched my TV to BT, get their full pack for £10 a month including all the sports channels and HD, even 4K is free, its actually net costing me £4 a month as was paying £6 a month to BT anyway for just sports.

BT do have some sort of Soccer Saturday rip off but never watched it.

Also a miss is F1 but couldnt justify paying 47 a month just to watch half the F1 races that arent on Channel 4 and Soccer Saturday.

Gave up sky about 4 years ago and I've saved a packet. Only thing I've stopped watching is repeats of The Simpsons. Unless you're a real football addict, and the notion of missing Brentford vs Forest Green in the meaningless cup fills you with horror, you can feel smug you've stopped being part of the main problem with modern day football.

38 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Gave up sky about 4 years ago and I've saved a packet. Only thing I've stopped watching is repeats of The Simpsons. Unless you're a real football addict, and the notion of missing Brentford vs Forest Green in the meaningless cup fills you with horror, you can feel smug you've stopped being part of the main problem with modern day football.

Where do you watch footy on now GBR , especially Rams ?

Bit of an oldie so all this stuff is passing me by a bit ?

Any help gladly received 

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

The ugly bloke on SSN just said the changes come in on July 18th not the 8th as stated in David's opening post. :)

Yeah first link showed 18th July lol. 

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

The ugly bloke on SSN just said the changes come in on July 18th not the 8th as stated in David's opening post. :)

He might be right, don't quote me on it 

Got a bad feeling over this.

On balance I really like the idea of a football channel, more airtime should mean more accessibility which I think is a good thing. Hopefully it gives plenty of time for European leagues which is something I've cooled on in recent years but want to get back into. Also a cricket channel will hopefully lead to more eyes on the county game, t20s etc which is no bad thing.

My lingering though is that it's pretty likely that they'll raise the price in 12 months, because well, it's sky. Hopefully not, but i can't see them not doing.

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Where do you watch footy on now GBR , especially Rams ?

Bit of an oldie so all this stuff is passing me by a bit ?

Any help gladly received 

I intend to go to more games, listen on ramsplayer (really interested to see what the club offer on that front) and, although indirectly it still fills Murdoch's pockets, I go watch the rams games in the pub. Still cheaper than sky and I get to get drunk, which is handy as we're usually carp on telly.

46 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I intend to go to more games, listen on ramsplayer (really interested to see what the club offer on that front) and, although indirectly it still fills Murdoch's pockets, I go watch the rams games in the pub. Still cheaper than sky and I get to get drunk, which is handy as we're usually carp on telly.

Cue all the fish jokes again

Archived