Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Coconut said:

If Wassall hadn't completely f****** up the tactics in the home leg against Hull, you possibly wouldn't be looking at it in that light.

Well actually it was a typical sunny lunchtime game for Derby - crap - but at 0-2 down in injury time Ince took one of the worst corner kicks giving the ball to Hull to easily get the third which killed us off eventually in the tie.

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

If Wassall hadn't completely f****** up the tactics in the home leg against Hull, you possibly wouldn't be looking at it in that light.

Personally think it was a hangover from the Ipswich game - They seemed to have 'finished' for the season against Ipswich and couldn;t get started again vs Hull - Not sure the tactics were wrong against Hull just the mentality - And any first time manager has to learn his trade in those kind of scenarios 

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Personally think it was a hangover from the Ipswich game - They seemed to have 'finished' for the season against Ipswich and couldn;t get started again vs Hull - Not sure the tactics were wrong against Hull just the mentality - And any first time manager has to learn his trade in those kind of scenarios 

We played long ball against Hull, it was the most misjudged tactically approach to a game I've seen in years. They literally headed every ball away and countered us over and over. We beat them 4-0 earlier in season by passing them to death, then get to the playoffs and start hoofing balls up to Martin and wondering why nothing sticks.

30 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

We played long ball against Hull, it was the most misjudged tactically approach to a game I've seen in years. They literally headed every ball away and countered us over and over. We beat them 4-0 earlier in season by passing them to death, then get to the playoffs and start hoofing balls up to Martin and wondering why nothing sticks.

Fair shout - But I feel like we beat them last season with 3 different styles of play! :)

Made me watch this again - That second Johnson goal is SUCH a wonderful passing move - And the Martin goal showed how good he is - Picks up the ball with his back to goal, holds it for a bit, smacks it in from the edge of the area like it was the easiest thing ever

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Tactics every time. 

Hoofing it to BJ who was wide-left was utter stupidity.

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

Tactics every time. 

Hoofing it to BJ who was wide-left was utter stupidity.

I thought we played Ince and Russell that day - But I tend to try and block games like that out of my mind these days

5 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I thought we played Ince and Russell that day - But I tend to try and block games like that out of my mind these days

On paper it was 4-3-3 but BJ kept drifting wide and Ince would drift inside. 

Then we'd launch it!

To be fair, it wasn't so much that BJ wasn't winning his headers, we were just losing every single second ball. 

Archived