Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

There are better, younger, more mobile players in that position that we could attract. Probably cheaper too. 

However, it's GR's job to get it right and in fairness he knows more about football than I do. Just seems a strange rumour. Hoping it's just that, like the Buxton one recently. 

Yes please share this list im intrigued!!

2 hours ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Yes please share this list im intrigued!!

Haha. It was a figure of speech. You can't tell me Huddlestone is the only available holding midfielder out there for us? 

Off the top of my head I like James at Leicester. 25, big, strong, great technique and probably not going to feature for them much this season. 

Cork at Swansea. Although he's linked with Burnley. 

Like I said, GR knows more than I'll ever know so I trust him. But I can't say Huddlestone does much for me. 

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Haha. It was a figure of speech. You can't tell me Huddlestone is the only available holding midfielder out there for us? 

Off the top of my head I like James at Leicester. 25, big, strong, great technique and probably not going to feature for them much this season. 

Cork at Swansea. Although he's linked with Burnley. 

Like I said, GR knows more than I'll ever know so I trust him. But I can't say Huddlestone does much for me. 

Jack Cork's dad is from Derby and was on our books at one time I believe (Alan, not Dominic). No chance of signing Cork Jr. though I'm afraid. 

"Tom Huddlestone could return to his first club Derby County, who are ready to activate the £2million release clause in his contract at Hull City.

West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United are among the Premier League clubs considering a move for Huddlestone.

The 30-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder dropped out of the top-flight with Hull last season.

It is understood that Huddlestone is prepared to play in the Championship and would consider a move to Derby if he can agree terms. 

The former England international made 95 appearances for County before moving to Tottenham for £2.5m in 2005.

Huddlestone is also a target for his old Spurs manager Harry Redknapp, now in charge at Birmingham."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4687140/Derby-make-2m-bid-Hull-midfielder-Tom-Huddlestone.html#ixzz4mZ3INvwX

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A sad day when he left, he will add some steal to our midfield.

He will sit, allowing Bryson and Johnson to run midfield.

You're not wrong but  it will partly be a sad day when he arrives too, as for me it just confirms G.T may never be expected or likely to be a ever present Ram; Rowett may even give up on him end of contract.

Now that would be really sad if Huddleston replaced a boy who could match his talent, but just can't stay injury free. No denying he'd be a good signing, just mixed emotions.

It definitely smacks of Seth Johnson. 

Huddlestone, more than any other player I can think of, will perhaps feel he has unfinished business (god, I hate that term!) here after being sold off so young without ever really marking his name in our history. 

I like intelligent footballers, with strong technical ability - he is just that. I have no doubts the wing positions are the biggest concern at the moment, but a defensive midfielder is required and Huddlestone coming back would add a little bit of excitement due to his history with the club. 

As long as he's next to someone like Bryson or Johnson then I don't see his lack of mobility as an issue. I guess next to Butterfield it would look unbalanced. 

35 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

I can remember when Huddlestone couldn't decide whether he was going to play  CB

or in midfield, oh happy days.

I actually think he didn't want to play as a CB, but it's more likely he was forced to play as a CB, as I am remembering it.

He has always seen himself more as a midfielder than as a defender. But George Burley thought differently at the time.

Archived