Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He'd be on a fortune

signed his last contract as a Championship player, so possibly on high-end Championship wage now, but I reckon would be wanting out of Hull desperately and sometimes, money isn't everything.

He's not going to be on seriously crazy money, he would have taken a drop when Hull came down same as Davies so I still think he'd be on less than Johnson is for one. Also give someone of his age more than a one/two year deal and it affects what they'll accept  

I just don't see that he is what we need, I'd have him as a bench player to see games out but that's all, and he will be on too high a wage for that.

Also don't think he'd be too well received, yes no-one wanted him to go for peanuts but I think that was the only factor.

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

signed his last contract as a Championship player, so possibly on high-end Championship wage now, but I reckon would be wanting out of Hull desperately and sometimes, money isn't everything.

Unfortunately not. He signed a new deal a month after they won promotion back to the Premier League. He probably would have had a relegation wage drop clause though I'd imagine, but if there's Prem teams interested in him as @Ambitious suggests, it would probably take a fairly big offer in wages to bring him here.

Archived