Wimbledon

1of4

Derby's Jay Clarke partnered by fellow Brit win their mens doubles match, beating the defending champions and this years No2 seeds.

Always get pleasure from seeing someone from Derby doing well.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, eddie said:

Jo Konta beats the world No 2 Halep to reach the semi-finals.

When will I ever get the tv controller back?

She's got real girl power, yet another gritty, gutsy performance. Plays her own game, really like the way her focused approach comes across in interviews.

Win or lose, she's well and truly a top talent, deserves more recognition and coming out the shadow of Andy Murray in British terms; albeit it probably keeps,some press pressure of her right now in terms of lower expectations.

So rooting for her to win, great athlete and perfect role model for aspiring kids.

28 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

She's got real girl power, yet another gritty, gutsy performance. Plays her own game, really like the way her focused approach comes across in interviews.

Win or lose, she's well and truly a top talent, deserves more recognition and coming out the shadow of Eddie in TV remote control; albeit it probably keeps,some press pressure of her right now in terms of lower expectations.

So rooting for her to win, great athlete and perfect role model for aspiring wives.

FTFY. Everyone is cheering @eddie 's Memsahib on in the remote control battle.

Until 8pm obviously. 

Djoko out too. Been a Wimbledon of injuries this time around.

Federer has a massive chance to make it 19 titles. Not only is he better than the other semi-finalists, he's playing amazing right now and has conserved loads of energy by not dropping a set in the tournament yet.

24 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Cursed by eddie, so he can get back the TV controller sooner.

I reckon that Konta will beat Williams to reach the final.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

I reckon that Konta will beat Williams to reach the final.

Was going to say that just. Owned that call Eddie, though it's a good bet how she's playing.

Media going to latch on to her if she does now the "Mint" has gone.

2 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Was going to say that just. Owned that call Eddie, though it's a good bet how she's playing.

Media going to latch on to her if she does now the "Mint" has gone.

Plenty of British interest still. Heather Watson in the mixed doubles, Jamie Murray in the men's doubles as well as Konta. I still can't get that controller.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

Plenty of British interest still. Heather Watson in the mixed doubles, Jamie Murray in the men's doubles as well as Konta. I still can't get that controller.

Agree, Jamie is cruising with Hingis, how many titles between them? They would have been my Brit bet before the start. Two exceptional doubles players paired together, its almost but not quite theirs to lose!

Done it now, you jinx Konta, I'll jinx Jamie :lol:

Archived