Summer Festivals

McRainy

Currently at Matlock Bath Music Festival, drinking Pale Rider at the Temple, watching a rock band. Thinking of taking in Yewfest at Cauldron Low on the way down to Dorset. 

Anyone else rocking out locally...?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Currently at Matlock Bath Music Festival, drinking Pale Rider at the Temple, watching a rock band. Thinking of taking in Yewfest at Cauldron Low on the way down to Dorset. 

Anyone else rocking out locally...?

Had a great day at the Derby beer fest,

be careful at Cauldon Lowe, mind the Stokies :ermm::D

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

The Henley Festival was nice this year.... Poxy black tie though in 28 degrees.

Standards must be kept.

No one wants their Bollinger served by a scruffy oik without appropriate neckwear.

There was summat going off on Duffield Meadows today.

you could get pizza, burgers, chips, coffee, beer........and live music - The Climax (?) Blues Band.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Standards must be kept.

No one wants their Bollinger served by a scruffy oik without appropriate neckwear.

You're right.. I told all them dodgy Eastern European types, this was their last year..

My glass nearly ran dry at one point!! Chaka Khan was crap as well.. 

22 hours ago, Gritters said:

Haven't they all got 6 fingers from Cauldon Lowe? 

It's one of those places which never seems to be in the same place twice. Depending on whether you come at it from the A52 or the A523 there seem to be myriad ways of getting lost. Then it suddenly appears out of the rain when you're least expecting it. 

Still £2.80 for Burton Bridge Bitter though, so worth the effort. 

• 1 month later...

We went to the Gloworm festival at Clumber Park this weekend. A family & kids themed festival with a vast array of activities for the little ones, plus fairground rides. Evening music & entertainment as well.

We camped for the weekend with some friends - first time in a tent for about 25 years for me.

Highly recommended for any families with little ones. We'll definitely be back next year.

On 21/08/2017 at 09:15, Wolfie said:

We went to the Gloworm festival at Clumber Park this weekend. A family & kids themed festival with a vast array of activities for the little ones, plus fairground rides. Evening music & entertainment as well.

We camped for the weekend with some friends - first time in a tent for about 25 years for me.

Highly recommended for any families with little ones. We'll definitely be back next year.

Gutted! That looks brill! On my list for next year. 

What I would love to do is what my mate Kev is doing - 4 gigs in 4 days in 4 countries next month.

But then again, he is fronting the band.

599da3ec0b689_witchcrossgigs.thumb.jpg.7d4c7145c2476b2080ae76bf63676f52.jpg

Archived