Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

7 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

Don't shoot the messenger! He didn't seem particularly happy with the club while he was on loan. Apparently we didn't send anyone to talk with him or monitor him for months, so you may get him for less. However, we do have four wingers (Mahrez, Gray, Musa, Kapustka) linked with moves away so I'm not sure we're too keen to sell. 

You'll be getting new wingers anyway. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Foxes Fan said:

Don't shoot the messenger! He didn't seem particularly happy with the club while he was on loan. Apparently we didn't send anyone to talk with him or monitor him for months, so you may get him for less. However, we do have four wingers (Mahrez, Gray, Musa, Kapustka) linked with moves away so I'm not sure we're too keen to sell. 

With the signings you've made so far, you're obviously focusing on bringing more quality into your side.

If Mahrez and/or Gray go then you'll get very decent money for them and no doubt sign some big money replacements. I think Lawrence is either going to be in Shakespeare's plans or he isn't, I doubt it'll depend on departures.

From what you've said, it suggests it's more likely that he's not in your plans, but we'll see. I'd be very happy if we got him for the £3-4million mark. Anything near the £10mil mentioned by a couple of posters and it changes my entire opinion on the transfer.

14 minutes ago, Kernow said:

With the signings you've made so far, you're obviously focusing on bringing more quality into your side.

If Mahrez and/or Gray go then you'll get very decent money for them and no doubt sign some big money replacements. I think Lawrence is either going to be in Shakespeare's plans or he isn't, I doubt it'll depend on departures.

From what you've said, it suggests it's more likely that he's not in your plans, but we'll see. I'd be very happy if we got him for the £3-4million mark. Anything near the £10mil mentioned by a couple of posters and it changes my entire opinion on the transfer.

Another reason why I can see us holding on to him is his versatility. He can play on either wing and up front. Pearson always liked to have 5-6 strikers to choose from and I imagine Shakespeare could be the same. 

As far as the price tag goes, I think he's worth (and I'm probably biased) between £7.5 - 10 million in the current market. He's 23, he scored and created plenty of goals in a poor Ipwich side last season and he's a Wales international. I'd imagine selling Ince and Hughes means you have some cash to spare.

I'm off to work but I'd just like to say thank you to foxes fan for popping and saying hello.

Also thank you for conducting yourself in a pleasant manner.

All silly football rivalries aside I hope you have a great season and year you won the title was incredible and gives a tiny bit of hope to others that something completely unexpected and fantastic can happen to anyone at anytime.

Personally I love it when Leicester forest and our beloved Rams are all in the same league as the match day atmosphere can be electric.

When it happens again  which I pray is soon, for 90mins I'll despise the Foxes but after the final whistle I'll make sure I look to see how you've gone on in your next match.

All the best 

Just now, Foxes Fan said:

Another reason why I can see us holding on to him is his versatility. He can play on either wing and up front. Pearson always like to have 5-6 strikers to choose from and I imagine Shakespeare could be the same. 

As far as the price tag goes, I think he's worth (and I'm probably biased) between £7.5 - 10 million. He's 23, he scored and created plenty of goals in a poor Ipwich side last season and he's a Wales international. 

I'd imagine that's a bit biased as he's on the last year of his contract :thumbsup:

That price would be insane.

2 minutes ago, Scott_dcfc said:

I'd imagine that's a bit biased as he's on the last year of his contract :thumbsup:

That price would be insane.

You're absolutely right it would be insane, but there's a fair bit of that going around lately. Thinking about it again, £7.5 - 10 isn't so much how much I think he's worth as it is how much we would have to receive for me not to be disappointed with the club for selling him. 

Exact sort of signing I like. Young and talented with room to improve and grow with Derby. 

I think he'll really fit the system too. A fluid 3 of him, Vydra and Russell (for now) behind Martin/Nuge would be really exciting. He seems to also have the something from nothing ability of Ince too, so I can't think of a more suitable replacement in our price range.

19 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

I'm off to work but I'd just like to say thank you to foxes fan for popping and saying hello.

Also thank you for conducting yourself in a pleasant manner.

All silly football rivalries aside I hope you have a great season and year you won the title was incredible and gives a tiny bit of hope to others that something completely unexpected and fantastic can happen to anyone at anytime.

Personally I love it when Leicester forest and our beloved Rams are all in the same league as the match day atmosphere can be electric.

When it happens again  which I pray is soon, for 90mins I'll despise the Foxes but after the final whistle I'll make sure I look to see how you've gone on in your next match.

All the best 

Thanks for the kind words,

The FA Cup tie was a reminder of what we've been missing out on these past three seasons. Great atmosphere and some good matches home and away. 

I've kept an eye on your progress since we were promoted but especially since Nugent signed. I must admit that I celebrated his goal against Forest in the 2-2 as if he had scored it in a blue shirt. 

I'll definitely be posting on here occasionally next season, especially if Lawrence does end up signing for you. 

I hope next season is a good one for you!

Has there actually been a price quoted by any credible source or are all prices mentioned currently guesses?

I really can't see it taking as much as £10mil for a player who is fringe at best at his club. Half that and include add-ons, or a first refusal agreement at a certain price with Leicester and it's much more realistic.

It's a bit of a gamble but if we could pick him up for circa £5m and he has a couple more seasons like last season, he'll be worth £12m at least in today's market.

3 minutes ago, Scott_dcfc said:

Does anyone know if these rumours of a 10mil price tag are real?

Seems a little steep to me.

Hopefully he's worth every penny no matter what... But 10mil?

Don't think they're true at all. The figure I've heard in the past in relation to Leicester selling is closer to the £5-6m mark.

Looks like this suggestion of £10m originates from a article from the Burton Mail written towards the end of last month. Not sure where they would have gotten such a figure from, but that's where it started.

"Leicester City midfielder Tom Lawrence is also on Newcastle's radar, with the Foxes believed to want at least £10 million for a player who impressed on loan at Ipswich Town last season."

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/championship-news-newcastle-united-in-for-norwich-city-winger-liverpool-man-to-birmingham-city/story-30409532-detail/story.html#tpZsuQHEG3oyZ3Rg.99

Archived