Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Simsy said:

Not really excited about him to be honest.

certainly not a replacement for ince anyway 

Why? He's good player.

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Why? He's good player.

He had a decent season last year but other then that not really done much. I know he's still young just would want more of a proven quality winger to numb the pain of ince leaving

2 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not really excited about him to be honest.

certainly not a replacement for ince anyway 

How? :blink:

He played for one of the lowest scoring teams in the league and contributed to the same number of goals as Ince despite playing in 11 less games. And just look at the goals he scored! You'd struggle to find a more exciting player at this level I'd have thought.

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Would be better down the left-hand side than any player we currently have, though?

Yeah he would. Not saying he will end up a flop just saying he's only had one good season to get excited about.

put it this way I would rather still have ince

I  don't think we need to replace Ince like for like...

It didn't work with him in the team... so why look for someone exactly the same?

Someone with quality but different attributes that suit the team better as a whole will be my choice... Lawrence seems to fit that mould.

Massive thumbs up from me!!!!

6 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

I'd  have thought 6-8 million would get him. Onlgood23, had a very good season la st year, think he scored 11 from playing off the striker at time and on the wing at times from 30ish games, which isn't bad considering how s**t the rest of Ipswich's team was. Bit of a gamble perhaps, wasn't he on loan at Cardiff once and didn't do much? 

If we signed him, I'd hope we were still in for another attacking player. Someone of Jota's standard (even though he looks premier league bound)

Didnt we have Keane on loan who didnt do a lot ............how much did he just sell for ? ...........it would be good if we were the team to benefit for a change n'est pas ?

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play regularly as his first-team experience for a player of his age is somewhat limited when compared with other young players.

Only two seasons of regular football at this level and only one outstanding season in his whole career leaves us in a position where we could be faced with another Nick Blackman scenario. That was my first thought.

But he seems highly rated and from the little I've seen, he looks a positive and adventurous player, and with him starting out at Manchester United's academy, he should have good fundamentals.

So if the price is right, it seems a gamble worth taking on a promising young player.

Archived