Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

Nixon says he's a "live target" and linked by a couple of those dodgey twitter accounts (one of which actually has 60'000 followers and seems somewhat legitimate). 

I presume that's enough to start a thread? 

Anyway, would be a good signing imo, better playing behind the striker although decent on left wing too. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If at all it would be on the wing, he might be at a premiership club but he has only played really in the championship under no pressure at Ipswich where he had a good loan, what would his value be with just a good loan on his CV?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If at all it would be on the wing, he might be at a premiership club but he has only played really in the championship under no pressure at Ipswich where he had a good loan, what would his value be with just a good loan on his CV?

I'd have thought 6-8 million would get him. Only 23, had a very good season last year, think he scored 11 from playing off the striker at time and on the wing at times from 30ish games, which isn't bad considering how s**t the rest of Ipswich's team was. Bit of a gamble perhaps, wasn't he on loan at Cardiff once and didn't do much? 

If we signed him, I'd hope we were still in for another attacking player. Someone of Jota's standard (even though he looks premier league bound)

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

I'd have thought 6-8 million would get him. Only 23, had a very good season last year, think he scored 11 from playing off the striker at time and on the wing at times from 30ish games, which isn't bad considering how s**t the rest of Ipswich's team was. Bit of a gamble perhaps, wasn't he on loan at Cardiff once and didn't do much? 

If we signed him, I'd hope we were still in for another attacking player. Someone of Jota's standard (even though he looks premier league bound)

Massive gamble at 6-8 million, how about a season long loan with an agreed transfer price if we think he is worth it? 

I looked at what Ipswich fans thought of him, obviously it was all positive, but the thing that caught my eye was their appreciation of his service into the box. 

He would be a good signing, but I wouldn't mind a player with a bit more grit to his game. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Good point well made.

The idea of 6 to 8 million pounds also appears a tad steep.

I'd be happier at 5million with add ons bases on appearances, promotion, caps......anything like that.

At 23 he should be ready to go and be straight in the first team if he's gonna be signed.

Read a bit about him and McCarthy wanted him back again but stated that there was no chance of getting back to Ipswich.

Most of the reports I've read, which isn't a vast amount I must add, have been positive about him.

If he wants to drop down and prove himself then may well turn out as a good signing.

However we can all look at the positives and say "Oooooo yeah he'll be excellent"

Think Rowett is quite diligent though to be fair.

The fact he went to watch Wisdom in Austria a couple of times was quite impressive.

Good to see a manager doing his own scouting work. 

2 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

We're infinitely a bigger team than Ipswich. They couldn't afford the fee or wages, but we can. 

With regards to Premier sides how many would gamble on Ince who is more proven. Our only rivals would likely be Championship sides with a higher reputation than us due to last seasons placings.

I could get behind this. It's lays LW doesn't he? Goal scorer and creates chances, 11 goals and 11 assists. Would also give Russell a chance on the right where I think he's better. It'd be a shame if we finally sorted the LW option only after letting Ince go mind.

Could play through the middle too. Don't know how hard he works off the ball?

22 minutes ago, Rample said:

We're infinitely a bigger team than Ipswich. They couldn't afford the fee or wages, but we can. 

With regards to Premier sides how many would gamble on Ince who is more proven. Our only rivals would likely be Championship sides with a higher reputation than us due to last seasons placings.

I have no idea of where he lives but one could assume it is near Leicester so he probably wouldn't need to move house

2 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-favourites-to-sign-jota/story-30430185-detail/story.html

?!!!!

2 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Leicester fans I work with think you could get him for 3 to 4 with add on's for promotion, also work with a Ipswich season ticket holder who really rates him.Skillfull,eye for goal and works hard off the ball says he is pretty good tackler too, he is gutted that Ipswich cannot afford him.

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Leicester fans I work with think you could get him for 3 to 4 with add on's for promotion, also work with a Ipswich season ticket holder who really rates him.Skillfull,eye for goal and works hard off the ball says he is pretty good tackler too, he is gutted that Ipswich cannot afford him.

Yes 3 to 4 million would be about right I think .

Archived