Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

I bet Mel said that when when we skunked all those millions on Blackman Anya Vydra Butterfield Camara and Johnson. Cheap as chips. ?

Ah well, this is different, the other manager didn't know what he was doing isn't it?

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Ah well, this is different, the other manager didn't know what he was doing isn't it?

Which one? The ex England manager that gave us the best season in the last 10? The one coached by one of the best managers in the modern game getting cultured at clubs like Real Madrid or the one that got promoted with over 100 points(I think) and kept his team in the premier league whilst strangling Ostrichs? 

You can only judge a manager at the end of his tenure as to whether he was successful.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

Which one? The ex England manager that gave us the best season in the last 10? The one coached by one of the best managers in the modern game getting cultured at clubs like Real Madrid or the one that got promoted with over 100 points(I think) and kept his team in the premier league whilst strangling Ostrichs? 

You can only judge a manager at the end of his tenure as to whether he was successful.

The one who asked uncle mel to buy em. That's who. 

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The one who asked uncle mel to buy em. That's who. 

I fail to see the difference between those managers and our current one a part from they have all been more successful than Rowett currently. 

Any transfer is a gamble and £10 mil on one player that's had one decent season................oh wait it's the Derby way! ?

He's an exceptionally talented footballer, but £10m is a lot of dough. 

At the end of the day, we sold Ince too cheaply and we've now got to find someone to fill that gap. I don't know if Lawrence is the man, but he's creative and he's got ability - more so than anyone else we've been linked with. 

I want him here, purely because he would be a good player for us. I just hope we can get him for a decent fee. 

6 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I fail to see the difference between those managers and our current one a part from they have all been more successful than Rowett currently. 

Any transfer is a gamble and £10 mil on one player that's had one decent season................oh wait it's the Derby way! ?

Arh well, you're not looking at my crystal ball are you? ?

If we're lucky enough to land Lawrence,and I think we will!, I can't see the fee being anywhere near £10m that some people are getting worked up about when1) he hasn't signed and 2) it's all guesswork as I'd imagine the club would describe it as being an "undisclosed fee".If he signs it'll be when Leicester return next week,after their game versus Liverpool tomorrow at 1pm. I think this impatience to sign a player or two is driving some people crazy.Relax and have a few beers and get ready for some activity next week?Gary,don't let me down!!?

15 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

If we're lucky enough to land Lawrence,and I think we will!, I can't see the fee being anywhere near £10m that some people are getting worked up about when1) he hasn't signed and 2) it's all guesswork as I'd imagine the club would describe it as being an "undisclosed fee".If he signs it'll be when Leicester return next week,after their game versus Liverpool tomorrow at 1pm. I think this impatience to sign a player or two is driving some people crazy.Relax and have a few beers and get ready for some activity next week?Gary,don't let me down!!?

After their game tomorrow they got Luton away 4 days later and Mk Dons 2 days later after Luton game. So I'd like to hope that we'll be able to see Tom Lawrence signing for us next week then. 

13 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

After their game tomorrow they got Luton away 4 days later and Mk Dons 2 days later after Luton game. So I'd like to hope that we'll be able to see Tom Lawrence signing for us next week then. 

Rowett said we'd need to be patient due to clubs coming back and I think our chances of signing Lawrence have improved as Leicester are signing that chap with the funny name( not even going to try!)from Man City

Archived