Imagine earning half a million a week for kicking a ball

Day

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ramblur said:

Obviously misread the question.The only reason I look at DCFC is that I find it interesting. Not overly (understatement) keen on tackling general questions!

Sorry Ramblur, by 'you forget' I meant 'one forgets' or more accurately 'I forget'.

For some reason I assume they're all just self employed, and forget they're all on the payroll for their club. No matter how big a superstar they are, they're all still on the payroll at the end of the day. 

Theyve all got to wipe their bum (and pay they're taxes), like everyone else (even Messi). 

But then they must do the extra curricular stuff, media work and advertising and stuff, on a self employed basis, so they'd still be daft not to have an accountant. 

Imagine THE GOOD you could do with £500K a week.  Seriously.  Yet footballers will just (largely) waste it on cars and "stuff".  Some noble exceptions mind - step forward for example Craig Bellamy.  (Although his charity hasn't filed any accounts for some time and is now under investigation from the Charities Commission!).  Nonetheless...  If Messi et al gave half of it away they'd still be able to buy all the cars and "stuff" - AND leave a great legacy.  (Oh, and they could even pay tax like the rest of us - hell, that's a crazy idea).

5 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

Imagine THE GOOD you could do with £500K a week.  Seriously.  Yet footballers will just (largely) waste it on cars and "stuff".  Some noble exceptions mind - step forward for example Craig Bellamy.  (Although his charity hasn't filed any accounts for some time and is now under investigation from the Charities Commission!).  Nonetheless...  If Messi et al gave half of it away they'd still be able to buy all the cars and "stuff" - AND leave a great legacy.  (Oh, and they could even pay tax like the rest of us - hell, that's a crazy idea).

Messi is the only player on such wages and he does an incredible amount for charity. Tevez, Ronaldo, Neymar, Pogba, Suarez, Ibrahimovic are just a few examples of the many well paid footballers who do insane amounts for charity. Many of the most successful players came from poor backgrounds and tend to want to give something back when they reach that success - I think it is unfair to paint them all with the same brush.

Archived