Darren Bent

DCFC1388

Just now, AmberRamber said:

Bitch like old fish wives......go fu.k yourselves!!!!! Don't like bullys! 

No I agree, but you know just like Marmite I dislike Blackman - of course I'm sure he's doing his best - and booing the player at the game or abuse on social media is out of order. But monotonous chuntering on a message board, can't see the harm, gets it out your system! :D

As I said can't wait for the football to start and all this close season silliness can be forgotten. :thumbsup:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Why? On what basis? He's been awful, nearly as bad as Blackman, ooops

He's just been a player I've always really liked, even when he wasn't with us. No idea why.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Be a crap joke of it was 

08/09 - Luton  40 games 11 goals

11/12 - Crystal Palace 26 games 7 goals

12/13 - Swindon 12 games 1 goal - poor!

13/14 - Derby 8 games 2 goals

Even we shipped him out on loan 16/17 30 games 10 goals

He scored a few goals never the less.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No I agree, but you know just like Marmite I dislike Blackman - of course I'm sure he's doing his best - and booing the player at the game or abuse on social media is out of order. But monotonous chuntering on a message board, can't see the harm, gets it out your system! :D

As I said can't wait for the football to start and all this close season silliness can be forgotten. :thumbsup:

Chuntering is part of everyday life and I'll live with that. All the best old lad.☺

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

He scored a few goals never the less.

19 goals across 3 clubs on loan before arriving at Derby, 12 of which were in League 1. Blackman scored 11 in 5 months. Might be a one off, Purple patch never to be be hit ever again, could end up at Grimsby Town in 3 years.

He has shown he knows where the goal is at this level in a 5 month spell, be nice if we got of his back and see if he can do that at Derby now. No harm in giving him a chance right?

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Players read stuff about them online. A lot. It's utterly naive to think that the kind of embarrassing stuff some "supporters" have been saying about Blackman won't have gotten back to him. 

You're right, in one part at least. Gary Rowett will make the decision on whether or not Nick Blackman deserves a proper chance (notice how I said proper, and not another, as he hasn't really ever been given one). 

I hope he does, and does well. Not just for him, or for the team, but to embarrass some of the people on here who have absolutely shamed themselves with the constant agenda of hate towards one of our own players. 

You still here Robbie?

Just now, David said:

19 goals across 3 clubs on loan before arriving at Derby, 12 of which were in League 1. Blackman scored 11 in 5 months. Might be a one off, Purple patch never to be be hit ever again, could end up at Grimsby Town in 3 years.

He has shown he knows where the goal is at this level in a 5 month spell, be nice if we got of his back and see if he can do that at Derby now. No harm in giving him a chance right?

I put Martin's goal tally while on loan in your quote: a pretty decent ratio.

08/09 - Luton  40 games 11 goals

11/12 - Crystal Palace 26 games 7 goals

12/13 - Swindon 12 games 1 goal - poor!

13/14 - Derby 8 games 2 goals

Even we shipped him out on loan 16/17 30 games 10 goals

Blackman or Martin? You choose.

6 hours ago, David said:

This is the Darren Bent topic B4, Blackman will have is day one day, let's stick to Bent in here

*Time to have words with myself*

Ahem, Darren Bent. Thanks for the goals but the chances of game time are slim, it's time to move on.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him over in the MLS for a season or two.

Just now, David said:

Ahem, Darren Bent. Thanks for the goals but the chances of game time are slim, it's time to move on.

He can still score goals, that's what counts, I was hoping someone would come in and give him a two year deal where he'd be playing.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He can still score goals, that's what counts, I was hoping someone would come in and give him a two year deal where he'd be playing.

He can but I'm expecting us to go 4-2-3-1 next season, only by what we saw at the end of last season. With Martin, Nugent and Rowett talking about having a regular starting 11, don't see many opportunities for him unless we pick up injuries.

Pretty much all our forwards have been strikers at other clubs so we're not short of temporary backups if needed.

If it came down to a choice between keeping Bent or Blackman I would actually rather keep Blackman, just because he may come good under Rowett, whereas I feel we know exactly what we will and won't get from Bent. Nice guy but he can't put a shift in for the team. Deserves to finish his career somewhere where he is appreciated. 

Doesn't mean that I don't rate Bent, I do, but not for us in the current set up. 

7 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He is wealthy enough to call it a day.

Has his little academy thing going, it was solely down to pure greed to sign another year but who can blame him? 

Pure greed? 

He wants to carry on playing at as higher a level as possible and reached double figures last year.

Probably also thinks he's good enough to compete for a place.

Another player who is a match winner but just gets slagged off for allegedly doing nothing.

Goal scorer...... and they win matches. 

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He is wealthy enough to call it a day.

Has his little academy thing going, it was solely down to pure greed to sign another year but who can blame him? 

Bit harsh, he's 2 years younger than Baird who's got another year. Might not be ready to hang his boots up and thinks he still has something to offer regardless of wealth 

9 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Pure greed? 

He wants to carry on playing at as higher a level as possible and reached double figures last year.

Probably also thinks he's good enough to compete for a place.

Another player who is a match winner but just gets slagged off for allegedly doing nothing.

Goal scorer...... and they win matches. 

He knows he's not going to be a starter here; Vydra, Nugent and now with Martin and Weimann back it'll put him further down the pack.

He'd be earning a fortune, I'm  pretty confident Ipswich would have had him back if it weren't for his wage demands. He seems more than happy to just sit on the bench and collect his nice pay packet rather than play regular football elsewhere.

He does score goals, but so did Sammon in the SPL. Doesn't make them any good over the 90 minutes  and Darren Bent is no better than Conor Sammon when he isn't ten yards from goal anyway. He is just a poacher,  we have Nugent who is just has good 

2 hours ago, David said:

Maybe how the league was 5 years ago, but the MLS has become an extremely athletic division the past few seasons. The few games I've seen go at breakneck speeds. Someone like Pirlo is good enough to pull strings, think the game may pass Bent by even more over there.

He'll want to be close to his family and the academy

He could have moved for free this summer, instead he activated another year - knowing A) Nobody will match his insanely high wages B) He won't be a regular starter and C) We would now have to terminate his contract for him to leave/another payoff.

He's took the piss and good on him, I'd do the same for the money he's getting here. Nobody in the championship will want to pay a fee for the guy and especially want to fork out his wage demands - he isn't that 24 million striker anymore.

Archived