Darren Bent

DCFC1388

Players move in and out of form. They cannot just wake up and say I'm in form and they are. There are all sorts of circumstances I can remember I used to enjoy playing at certain times. Playing on some grounds more than others. Even when playing if your first two or three touches were spot on you would grow into the game quicker. You never knew the magic formula. If it wasn't going right even when you put more effort in it just wouldn't come off some days.

To get to the Championship the players must have some ability if that isn't showing through at the moment then it may be only a matter of time. This time last year I'd be laughing my socks off if we'd just sold Ince for upto £11m.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what's just as boring to some as the 'Blackman is crap' posts, that's right the 'Blackman will come good' posts - based on no evidence! But apparently that's okay cos it's positive. :D

This is a forum - okay if Blackman wants to come on here and tell us that this seasons is his season then I'll give him some kudos. But until then I don't rate him and I hope he moves on to another club for a fresh start.

Expressing opinions is what this forum is about isn't it?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You know what's just as boring to some as the 'Blackman is crap' posts, that's right the 'Blackman will come good' posts - based on no evidence! But apparently that's okay cos it's positive. :D

This is a forum - okay if Blackman wants to come on here and tell us that this seasons is his season then I'll give him some kudos. But until then I don't rate him and I hope he moves on to another club for a fresh start.

Yes, but not railroading every single thread with the same opinion, without rhyme or reasoning. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Yes, but not railroading every single thread with the same opinion, without rhyme or reasoning. 

One post isn't railroading - you might say that that is down to the Blackman apologists piling in with 'nooo, you can't say that' comments! Just like has happened on here. :lol:

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

What you think Blackman reads all this silliness and is taking it in?! FFS this is an internet forum not the DCFC scouting dept! GR will make his mind up about Blackman and if he doesn't fit he'll try to move him on. #fatchance If he gives him a go we'll see more of what we've already seen, or better. #fatchance

:D

Mate I really don't rate Blackman myself, bar looking calm at penalties he's not done it for me either, but as a few have mentioned, every thread! Some folks seem intent on doing darn good goldfish impersonations. 

As you say Internet forum. Free speech within reason etc. Just seems endlessly boring repeating a view. Bit like certain anti Martin fans :ph34r:

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If people say managers should be judged after a full season in charge, shouldn't players get more than 7 starts over 2 seasons before judging him?

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You find posts where supporters praise/encourage players "boring" ? That's an interesting way to look at them. I don't find many of the Anti-Blackman brigade posts boring. More stupid, ill-informed and genuinely embarrassing. 

And there's a difference between expressing opinions and towing a weird, negative agenda into every thread about any Derby player.

Just now, David said:

If people say managers should be judged after a full season in charge, shouldn't players get more than 7 starts over 2 seasons before judging him?

How long did some give Pearson?

Trouble with Blackman is there's not a lot (yes some) of past history to point to, to say 'look just wait, this is what we'll get when he starts consistently'. FWIW I think he's had enough chance to show something, anything and for me he hasn't. But I'm not the manager.

As someone else posted about something else there's always gonna be arguments when someone is so Marmite.

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

You find posts where supporters praise/encourage players "boring" ?

No. You aren't actually encouraging the players by posting on this forum. :lol: Doing it at the game, yeah go ahead it's a good idea, I'm sure the players respond better to positive stuff from the crowd, never been a fan of booing during a game.

8 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

As you say Internet forum. Free speech within reason etc. Just seems endlessly boring repeating a view. Bit like certain anti Martin fans :ph34r:

True enough. :D Can't wait for the preseason to start! :)

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

No. You aren't actually encouraging the players by posting on this forum. :lol: Doing it at the game, yeah go ahead it's a good idea, I'm sure the players respond better to positive stuff from the crowd, never been a fan of booing during a game.

Just cyber-booing on a fans forum for you, then?

As much as I agree with the sentiment that the dislike for Blackman is brought up too often on this forum, it's equally as boring as what's coming from the 'he'll come good' club. He's had an appalling time at Derby, he arrived for too much money based off a purple patch he was having at the time and has been embarrassingly bad. There is literally 0 evidence to suggest he'll 'come good', he may but if we look at his career at Derby and Reading it doesn't bode well. 

On topic - I love Bent but we need to trim our squad and he's clearly behind Vydra, Martin and Nugent for that striker spot. In all honesty I'd put him behind Weimann in that regard too. He's probably on too much money for the role he'll be taking so, I'm happy if we manage to flog him.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How long did some give Pearson?

Trouble with Blackman is there's not a lot (yes some) of past history to point to, to say 'look just wait, this is what we'll get when he starts consistently'. FWIW I think he's had enough chance to show something, anything and for me he hasn't. But I'm not the manager.

As someone else posted about something else there's always gonna be arguments when someone is so Marmite.

Can you remember Chris Martin's first 7 starts for us? Don't remember thinking we have a 20 goal a season striker on our hands here.

Blackman's have come here and there, you can't expect much to come from that, as with any player you need a run in the team for match sharpness.

I'm not saying he will come good, but it's worth giving him a run of games and a chance to come good. Spent a lot of time injured, you won't see the best of him after 90 minutes.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Can you remember Chris Martin's first 7 starts for us? Don't remember thinking we have a 20 goal a season striker on our hands here.

Blackman's have come here and there, you can't expect much to come from that, as with any player you need a run in the team for match sharpness.

Martin had more of a consistent history behind him didn't he? The thing is who you gonna drop for Blackman?

4 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

As much as I agree with the sentiment that the dislike for Blackman is brought up too often on this forum, it's equally as boring as what's coming from the 'he'll come good' club. He's had an appalling time at Derby, he arrived for too much money based off a purple patch he was having at the time and has been embarrassingly bad. There is literally 0 evidence to suggest he'll 'come good', he may but if we look at his career at Derby and Reading it doesn't bode well. 

On topic - I love Bent but we need to trim our squad and he's clearly behind Vydra, Martin and Nugent for that striker spot. In all honesty I'd put him behind Weimann in that regard too. He's probably on too much money for the role he'll be taking so, I'm happy if we manage to flog him.

Why? On what basis? He's been awful, nearly as bad as Blackman, ooops

40 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That is a fair post old lad.

Personally I have no problem with fans not rating players but keep hearing non stop,

"He's crap give him away, waste of money, bad attitude" (mild examples) is getting tedious.

Folks have been spouting off about this lad since he came to the club.

Its not worked for him thus far and to be fair its hard to see him finding any form any time soon.

I'm forty five years old and can recall being in my twenties and getting berated constantly by the other blokes I was on site with and after a while it can grow very tiring and wear a person down.

Please understand this isn't aimed at you Roymac, but some people on this forum have an instant dislike of certain players and get off on dragging them down.

Probably the same kind of people that bitch, p.ss and sh.t stir in everyday life and quite frankly I can't stand that kind of behaviour.

Express opinions, all for it.

Bitch like old fish wives......go fu.k yourselves!!!!! Don't like bullys! 

Archived