Sign in to follow this  
DCFC1388

Darren Bent

Latest Updates

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Well that's a bonus to get some money for him, clears him off the wage bill as well, good business

We thought we were getting something for camara but that didn't happen so let's see

I like Darren. The only concern I have is how little he impacts a game nowadays. His main attribute was that poachers sense in and around the box. He would be first to react to anything. That has seemingly waned in the past year. Wish him well, but would love him to find a club that he can finish his career at away from here. Free the wages for another player.

I'm not sure he would be interested though, with his academy in Brum and family settled, may decide to stay here and sit on his wages for one last season

Bent is too far down the pecking order for him to stay and it be worth it. If they want to pay that much then I'd be very happy. See if they want Blackman too. 

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

€2million? If you're on holiday in Cornwall and see a guy running around, jumping and clicking his heels together, that'll be me.

Trying to translate the article I'm not sure that's what they mean, they claim it's his 'market value' not the fee they've actually paid us..

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Trying to translate the article I'm not sure that's what they mean, they claim it's his 'market value' not the fee they've actually paid us..

I'd let him go for close to nothing to be honest. Decent record here but we've got Martin, Vydra and Nugent.

Get the impression that GR wouldn't have extended his contract if it wasn't triggered by a clause, so if he left for free it's not like we'd be getting mugged off. One more trimmed from the squad and a lot of wages saved.

Getting €2 would be good. €2million and yes please and thank you.