Darren Bent

DCFC1388

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Well that's a bonus to get some money for him, clears him off the wage bill as well, good business

We thought we were getting something for camara but that didn't happen so let's see

I like Darren. The only concern I have is how little he impacts a game nowadays. His main attribute was that poachers sense in and around the box. He would be first to react to anything. That has seemingly waned in the past year. Wish him well, but would love him to find a club that he can finish his career at away from here. Free the wages for another player.

I'm not sure he would be interested though, with his academy in Brum and family settled, may decide to stay here and sit on his wages for one last season

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

€2million? If you're on holiday in Cornwall and see a guy running around, jumping and clicking his heels together, that'll be me.

Trying to translate the article I'm not sure that's what they mean, they claim it's his 'market value' not the fee they've actually paid us..

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Trying to translate the article I'm not sure that's what they mean, they claim it's his 'market value' not the fee they've actually paid us..

I'd let him go for close to nothing to be honest. Decent record here but we've got Martin, Vydra and Nugent.

Get the impression that GR wouldn't have extended his contract if it wasn't triggered by a clause, so if he left for free it's not like we'd be getting mugged off. One more trimmed from the squad and a lot of wages saved.

Getting €2 would be good. €2million and yes please and thank you.

6 minutes ago, Simsy said:

You guys do realise he is the most that prolific striker we have? Statistically 

We've never played to his strengths, but in the right set up I'd still bank on him getting 15+ goals a season, someone will take a punt on him, even if we have to cover some of his wages.

Of course, it could be that the someone will be Rowett.

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Anybody know how reliable the source is?

As said earlier in the thread, this team were linked with him when we initially signed him on a permanent deal, would all appear quite likely and a strange thing for a foreign news website to make up

Just now, Millenniumram said:

As said earlier in the thread, this team were linked with him when we initially signed him on a permanent deal, would all appear quite likely and a strange thing for a foreign news website to make up

I did think it would seem odd for a made up rumour, I think with Bent ultimately it will come down to pay package. If they are willing to match it/ pay more than I imagine he wouldn't object to the move, provided if he doesn't mind moving abroad, which is the other main issue.

Archived