Forum Update

Day

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to throw a few you might not have seen things out there.

Reactions is obviously a big one, your like count hasn't gone, can still be found on your profile page.

Like, Thanks, Haha will all give you +1

Sad, Facepalm, Angry will make no change to your overall reputation count.

To see a break down of who has reacted and in which way, just click the number by any of the reaction totals and a popup will appear.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.33.42.png

From there you can select each reaction.

I will be on a personal mission to ensure no members are targeted with the facepalm and remove their ability to react if found guilty in the court of David.

Remember facepalm can be used for example in say a link to a Kenny Burns article, do not take them personally. 

If you have ever accidentally tapped the forum icon on the homepage when using a touch device, you know what a pain in the arse that can be as it marks the board read and theres no going back. There is now a confirmation screen which pops up, if you accidentally click that as well, you maybe shouldn't be on the internet. (this only applies to touch devices so be careful with that cursor)

IMG_0009.PNG

Ever been in a 260 page transfer topic which is full of puns and thinking I can't be bothered to go through all this to read the latest?

The moderators have a tool now which can highlight posts, these will appear at the very top of every page of the topic and you can go directly to that post. 

This will be a work in progress with the mod team, bare with us. Multiple posts can be highlighted and we will work on getting a system in place that highlights the latest source/update to a rumour.

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.45.18.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 13.49.42.png

2 minutes ago, David said:

Ever been in a 260 page transfer topic which is full of puns and thinking I can't be bothered to go through all this to read the latest?

The moderators have a tool now which can highlight posts, these will appear at the very top of every page of the topic and you can go directly to that post. 

This will be a work in progress with the mod team, bare with us. Multiple posts can be highlighted and we will work on getting a system in place that highlights the latest source/update to a rumour.

Now that I like. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Could you change the order of the icons? Most times I just want to like something and it's a bit tedious to do as 2 out of 3 times I miss the icon and have to start again! Or am I doing it wrong?

Like is the heart just click that and it's a normal like or hover to bring up the other options

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 14.28.30.png

8 minutes ago, David said:

Like is the heart just click that and it's a normal like or hover to bring up the other options

Screen Shot 2017-07-04 at 14.28.30.png

But when I click on the heart the icons pop out, there is no 'just click' for me.

If I 'double click' it chooses the first icon, else to get the thumbs up I have to scroll along,

Doh! I thought 'thumbs' was like, sorry like = heart, oops.

Must admit I preferred it when members online were listed.If I'd replied to a member (using quote) and saw that member was online,I might stick around in case a reply were coming (otherwise I might feck off). I've a feeling you're going to tell me I could just click onto the member to see if he/she is online,but I found the other method easier for some reason. Unless I'm missing something,I now have to wade through pages to see which members are online?

Archived