New kit revealed 7th July

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I know...forget the player ...

9r0t2s.jpg

....but THIS is THE kit for me. Keep it simple. No need for superfluous go faster stripes or stupid post-modern motifs. Umbro Diamonds on the sleeves is all you need. 

you do realise this kit is Blue and White, and not Black and White?

I prefer Blue and White

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

you do realise this kit is Blue and White, and not Black and White?

I prefer Blue and White

mais bien sure Mostyn ...BC changed the black to blue to match the England team...what GR calls maximising the fine margins...

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I know...forget the player ...

9r0t2s.jpg

....but THIS is THE kit for me. Keep it simple. No need for superfluous go faster stripes or stupid post-modern motifs. Umbro Diamonds on the sleeves is all you need. 

Reminded me I had these two beauties in the loft !

my personal favourite as well and first ever Derby shirt !

IMG_0041.JPG

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Reminded me I had these two beauties in the loft !

my personal favourite as well and first ever Derby shirt !

IMG_0041.JPG

...but do you prefer the "filled in" diamonds or the "un-filled" in diamonds on the sleeves?:mellow:

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

...but do you prefer the "filled in" diamonds or the "un-filled" in diamonds on the sleeves?:mellow:

I can't remember owning an "unfilled" one, I can't even find one on google to compare so I am going to have to go with the filled in look !

8 hours ago, Kernow said:

The kit shown in the video is a bit unusual given the title "icons remastered."

Is it suggesting the 2013/14 kit is iconic? I'd say it's a bit soon to be remastering an "iconic" kit from 4 years ago.

Perhaps Mel thinks that by signing Wisdom and recreating the 2013/14 kit, we can become like the 2013/14 side. All that's left is Stevie Mac to return for some more unfinished business in October.

Maybe the goals in the video were iconic moments and nothing to do with the actual kit. Strange to put the two together albeit. Not only are they fairly recent, they weren't a massive hit with the fans and aren't anything like eachother.

I hated the first Umbro one we had (2014/15) but they have got better each year. Hopefully the trend continues

Is this just for the home kit?

4 minutes ago, MannyDCFC said:

Maybe the goals in the video were iconic moments and nothing to do with the actual kit. Strange to put the two together albeit. Not only are they fairly recent, they weren't a massive hit with the fans and aren't anything like eachother.

I hated the first Umbro one we had (2014/15) but they have got better each year. Hopefully the trend continues

Hopefully it is better than the backpack one we had last year.

Maybe as a cash in we're doing some retro style kits purely as leisurewear. Chance for people like me to buy 1980s kits to fit my 2010s body.

The actual iconic kits though are surely only those of successful times - championship and subsequent top flight spells. That said the one that springs to mind most was Puma.

Archived