Am I the only person who dislikes all other sport?

Rample

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Boxing is 100% a sport. The training you go through is insane, and it's far more tactical than you think at elite level.

It's not just a case of throwing random punches at each other. It's very much like chess at times as you try and break down your opponent. 

It involves trying to hurt someone so no it's not sport. Look at what happens to boxers with brain damage. No I can't see that it's right at all. 

I've tried my hand (and legs and whatever other part of the body necessary) at a lot of sports, but the only ones I can watch (at least on the tv) are football and golf. Rugby I don't mind and darts I do like  but as others have said it really isn't a sport. Tennis, any motor sport, and particularly cycling bore me to death on the tv. As for the Olympics it's only the explosive sports I'll watch and only then when I'm zapping through the channels.

18 hours ago, richinspain said:

As for the Olympics it's only the explosive sports I'll watch.

I've always thought that 'longest fart' should be an Olympic event.

On 04/07/2017 at 10:53, Strange yearnings said:

I love watching all sports apart from golf (hate it), horse racing, and rugby

Agreed. Though I'm ok with Rugby League (my neck of the woods). If I'm watching golf I know I'm in trouble. Sometimes think I ought to ditch Sky Sports as it's a distraction when I've plenty other things I should be doing.   :ph34r:

Footballs the only one I follow properly but casually I enjoy boxing, mma, rugby union (not league that's for girls) and have managed to enjoy the ashes years ago when I had all day to sit and watch it. I like the Olympics but pretty much athletics only. Used to like F1 but it went boring, not watched it since they put dildo's on the front. The bikes are better tbh but never really watched much of that either.

American sports - American football is too stop start, I like to have a bit of flow. Baseball, not even baseball fans watch baseball. I quite like basketball but it's a bit repetitive. It's got the sensation of being end to end like a really good football match but in reality they just take it in turns to attack. And the screeching noises the trainers make on the court set my teeth on edge. It's good watching the really talented ones though. Some of the stuff the point guards are doing now is brilliant. Almost as fun as watching Messi.

I could get into ice hockey, in fact I really want to - if only I could see the puck. It's like watching a football match in the snow with a white ball.

I reckon I could also get into rollerball or deathrace.

On 4.7.2017 at 11:22, Rample said:

Not looking to bash anyone for their passions, but intrigued if there are many more out there to whom football is the only sport.

As a child it was the only one I was interested in playing (hated when my friends switched to cricket over summer) and as an adult it's the only one I watch.

I have tried most other sports at one time or another but nothing else interests me at all, This post is kind of sparked off by the fact I pretty much need to hibernate for 2 weeks every year to avoid Wimbledon, which follows on from not being interested in last year's olympics to the point where it got annoying.

Dislike is bit too strong word but basicly I'm with. I don't follow any other sport, but I do respect if person is very good at something, no matter if it's sport, art or whatever.

Couple good sportsman examples: Alexander Karelin, Carl Lewis, Michael Jordan, Tony Hawk and Paavo Nurmi. Simply best in the world what they used to do.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/07/2017 at 06:10, Dimmu said:

Dislike is bit too strong word but basicly I'm with. I don't follow any other sport, but I do respect if person is very good at something, no matter if it's sport, art or whatever.

Couple good sportsman examples: Alexander Karelin, Carl Lewis, Michael Jordan, Tony Hawk and Paavo Nurmi. Simply best in the world what they used to do.

Ahh, Paavo Nurmi. There's a name to conjour with. What an athlete, what a man! Still a legend 80-90 years on.

On 7/5/2017 at 09:07, David said:

Cricket to slow, matches spread over days. There's a reason why you will see people asleep in the stands, just an excuse to have a beer an afternoon nap out the house away from the wife.

Rugby just tedious, stop, start, stop, start. 5ft forward and it's time for a group hug again. Not athletes, just a bunch of overweight blokes that love a beer or two crashing into one another, no different to 3am down Grimsby town centre but without a ref getting in the way.

Both are against the same old countries all the time, imagine England football team playing the same 5 countries on repeat. Why don't more countries play? Better things to do that's why, even the Jamaicans chose bobsleigh over cricket.

Golf I can imagine is quite fun to play, to watch on TV is just painful. Always annoys me how they employ a peasant to carry their clubs. If you can't carry them all leave a few at home.

Cycling, probably the least skilful "sport" there is, get jacked up and ride a bike. Plenty of those around in Grimsby. Give them a bike that weighs an ounce and they would give that Wiggins a race.

The boat race, 2 boats of toffs, bravo chaps, jolly good rowing. Should split the South from the North, everyone outside the UK thinks we all talk like that. Embarrassing.

Darts, I won't even go there because it's a pub game. 

You need to go to a T20 Blast game mate. 

Faster than footy. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

You need to go to a T20 Blast game mate. 

Faster than footy. 

I do not.

Man throws ball, man bats it, man throws back to man, man rubs ball on crotch and throws again. Uh oh, looks like rain, it's spitting, everybody in!

Nah

Will they shrink in the rain or something?

1 minute ago, David said:

I do not.

Man throws ball, man bats it, man throws back to man, man rubs ball on crotch and throws again. Uh oh, looks like rain, it's spitting, everybody in!

Nah

Will they shrink in the rain or something?

Have you ever experienced the sound of willow lol 

Archived