George Thomas - Signed for Leicester City

Carnero

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Reading trough the articles I can see this happening. High work rate is always going to appeal to GR, and whilst he played mostly on the right of a front 3 last year, he also got time as striker and down the left, so effectively is an alternative to Watkins 

The thing is he's a year younger than Watkins, significantly cheaper, and has experience higher up the league, so could come in aswell as an Ince relacement.

I know other teams are interested but I'd expect him to get more opportunities here which may be appealing, plus he knows a few of our players already from last season.

But we do already have a surplus of bench warming wingers so unless we offload a few of them it's not a key position unless we see him as a long term option.

I am all in favour of signing promising young players as long as they get a flipping game!

We had a long line of youngsters who were supposedly being brought through in the academy and players like McAllister who have yet to be in the squad.

Yes bring him in, but find a place for him on the bench early on so he feels part of the action, not playing in front of three men and a dog.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing people saying that Kyle McAllister didn't get a game. McAllister came injured and was injured for the rest of the season. Hard to pick an injured player and drop a first team player for him. He's only 18 and has plenty of time to get chances in the first team. He was signed for the under 23's and that's where he will stay for the time being until he starts to impress and get over his injury.

9 hours ago, Dannyboz1884 said:

I keep seeing people saying that Kyle McAllister didn't get a game. McAllister came injured and was injured for the rest of the season. Hard to pick an injured player and drop a first team player for him. He's only 18 and has plenty of time to get chances in the first team. He was signed for the under 23's and that's where he will stay for the time being until he starts to impress and get over his injury.

I'm looking forward to seeing him pull a Rams shirt on, hopefully the next "Tinman" to arrive from bony Scotland. 

9 hours ago, Dannyboz1884 said:

Dont talk sense!! He should have been starting every game

12 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I'm looking forward to seeing him pull a Rams shirt on, hopefully the next "Tinman" to arrive from bony Scotland. 

Yeah hopefully. He was on one of the Rams TV videos training so looks like he's fit again now. 

12 hours ago, G-Ram said:

Dont talk sense!! He should have been starting every game

:lol: Not enough sense is spoken on here. I'm sure the lad was gutted as he probably thought I'll play with the under 23's this season then next year see if I have impressed enough to get on the bench or something. ow it's like we have only just bought him for this season and he's starting fresh. Shame for the lad but he's only 18 so has plenty of time to break into the first team. Although certain people think because we bought him for 250k or whatever he should be in the first team 

57 minutes ago, Dannyboz1884 said:

:lol: Not enough sense is spoken on here. I'm sure the lad was gutted as he probably thought I'll play with the under 23's this season then next year see if I have impressed enough to get on the bench or something. ow it's like we have only just bought him for this season and he's starting fresh. Shame for the lad but he's only 18 so has plenty of time to break into the first team. Although certain people think because we bought him for 250k or whatever he should be in the first team 

Not to mention the manager who signed him has left (although I assume Wassall or someone with an eye for youth had some input.)

I wonder how honest all clubs are about these things. Would be very easy to oversell them on first team opportunities to get them to sign and then just dump them in the under 23s. Not implying we did in anyway.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Not to mention the manager who signed him has left (although I assume Wassall or someone with an eye for youth had some input.)

I wonder how honest all clubs are about these things. Would be very easy to oversell them on first team opportunities to get them to sign and then just dump them in the under 23s. Not implying we did in anyway.

Very good point McClaren spoke very highly of him when we signed him. Yes I agree specially as he was playing first team football for St. Mirren so I doubt he will want to sit in the under 23's for 3 or 4 years. I'd give him the whole year in the under 23's and see how he does after his injury.

• 1 month later...

Archived